Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Silver Contributor

Weird Firefox Behavior

I am using Firefox 3.0.11, overall it works great on those forums (whereas IE8 is rather slow and throws Javascript errors when writing a post), however there is one strange behavior that has been annoying me.  I like to go down the list of post and middle-click each one of them to open them in new tabs.  However when I middle click (or Ctrl+Click) a post link it immediately opens in the current window, in addition to opening in a new tab.  The other links (e.g. the navigation links at the top) don't have that problem.  If I use middle-click in IE8 it works fine.  It sounds like I am nit-picking but it is actually quite disrupting to the way I like to read forums, I was also puzzled as I have never had that problem with other forum software.

Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Weird Firefox Behavior

Thanks so much for your feedback. 

I agree, using Firefox is overall a better experience when viewing the community.  This is a particular frustration for me as well since Firefox is my main browser.  This is actually a known issue within the community software and we have an open case with our software provider.  It has been assigned to their engineering team and I am told that they are actively working on a resolution, but they don't have one yet.  They hope to have one in the near future.  As soon as I hear something I will report it back here. Hang in there, hopefully they will have it resolved soon.

Thanks,

Tawny

Tawny Mergel

Community Manager

Employee

Have been sticking to IE for Community interaction - am probably switching to FF.

Any update on this?

Thanks -

Todd Hardin
SalesLogix Professional Services Group
Gold Super Contributor

I use Chrome for the community and have had no issues.
--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Bronze Super Contributor

I think they fixed this. I use Firefox and there was originally an issue (trapping mouse down events with javascript) but that is no longer the case.

Ryan Farley - Customer FX Corporation / Director of Development

customerfx.com
| slxdeveloper.com | My SalesLogix Development Blog
Silver Contributor

It appears to be broken again Smiley Sad

Nickel Super Contributor

Chrome has never given me an issue.  I quite prefer it over other browsers, especially in the community site.

Gold Super Contributor

Same here.... I have used Chrome exclusively w/teh community since Chrome was first released!

Browser choice in order:

Chrome

FF (latest released.. never touch beta junk)

IE7... only if I have to.

IE8.. yuck....

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Administrator

Thanks for the alert and sorry for the less than stellar experience.  We've noticed this issue re-occurring as well and have alerted Lithium who is working on the issue now.  They should have a fix in the near future.

Thanks,

Tawny

Tawny Mergel

Community Manager