Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Super Contributor

Site looks nicer but performance is still unacceptable

Internet Explorer is atrocious to use for this site, but Chrome which is supposed to be the quickest, is still painful. I don't know what to tell you Sage but I think you made a mistake going with Lithium. This site is painfully slow. I think the changes being made are good: the "follow us" links are less intrusive, the list of unread items is useful, the site is clean looking, etc. However, if it takes 1-2 seconds for every click it just doesn't matter. Also the bold "sage green" unread items don't stand out as much as they should. Please find another way to make these posts stand out. I like the style of the site, it just isn't practical as sage green versus bold sage green is not noticeable.
Timmus Agersea
Black Moth CRM
Gold Super Contributor

Re: Site looks nicer but performance is still unacceptable

Yes, somehow the site is definitely slower.

I've always used chrome on this site since it is the fastest browser and it's teh slowest site I've ever run into (w/Chrome)..

I'd say not only is the "core" lithium slow but all those external links just don't help at all. The ability to individually shut them down needs to be made available.

Just ran the Vonage internet connection speed test:

25044kbps down and 2511kbps up.

It's definitely not an issue in my "set" ;-) - it's the Sage community site itself. that is slow.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Copper Super Contributor

I have Tawny look at the colors when she gets in. 

As for performance, we are reaching out to Lithium to determine how we can troubleshoot this issue.  I personally have experienced some slow times, but the community is usually pretty responsive with quick loads.  So, I am not sure what to look for here.  Do either of you use the ACT,  MAS or Peachtree sites?  I am wondering if the response is different.  Would you mind checking it out and letting me know.

http://community.act.com/

http://community.peachtree.com/

http://community.sagemas.com/

And, as I mentioned, we will work with Lithium to see what other troubleshooting we can do to help them get this resolved for you.

Thanks,

Kim

Gold Super Contributor

I'm in the 90/200 board quite a bit. It seems to be a bit faster but I'll have to run a couple of controlled tests to be sure. 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Copper Super Contributor

Thanks, RJ.  Any additional information we can learn will help!  Let us know what you find.  The sage communities are not in the exact same environment, even when they are on the same version.  Also, I am wondering about peak times.  Is there always the same SLOW response time, or it worse at different times.  They likely share processing resources, and maybe we have spikes that cause the lag time.  It makes it hard to recreate if we aren't testing at the same time. 

Thanks again...we'll watch for feedback.

Highlighted
Administrator

[ Edited ]

All --  thank you for letting us know there are issues with performance.  Lithium has requested specific information to troubleshoot and has asked me to share with you the questions beow which they say will help them to locate specific slowdowns and resolve performance issues. 

Please provide as much information as you can and I will pass it along to Lithium for resolution.  I know how busy everyone is so if you can't answer them all, just tackle what you can.  Anything you can provide will help us move toward resolving. 

Base Questions

o What page(s) are loading slow? (specific URLs to pages)
o What action(s) result in slow pages? All pages? Specific requests, submissions, etc.
o What browser is being used?
o What specifically is loading slow? (header, footer, images, boards, messages, signatures, avatars, javascript, etc)
+ Is there a URL in the browser status bar (bottom) that is waiting for a response?
o What is your hardware/OS configuration?
o What is your connectivity to the internet? (network speed)
o Have you tried from other computers/locations?
o Are you logged into the community as a member? (or anonymous)
o Is the slowness on the first page load or all page loads, including subsequent loads?
o What time did it happen?
o Is the behavior repeatable?

Network specific tests*
o Tracert ping.lithium.com
o Ping ping.lithium.com
o What is your IP address? (http://whatismyip.org)

User Experience
o What browser and version are you using?
+ Any Plugins installed with this browser?
o Are you running a personal firewall such as Symantec, McAfee?
o When unavailability of the site occurs, is it when attempting a specific action? (Posting, delete, move, subscribe, float)

*(Below are technical Details on how to do ping and tracert in case your need them)

Windows XP:
1. Click Start and click Run
2. Type in cmd and open
3. This will open up a new window that is the Command Prompt
- From here, type in ping ping.lithium.com and/or tracert ping.lithium.com
- Right-Click anywhere in the window, and click Mark
- Highlight all of the output, then click Right-Click (this will copy the text)
- Paste to a text editor/email

Windows Vista/7:
1. Click Start
2. In search box, type in cmd and hit enter
3. This will open up a new window that is the Command Prompt
- From here, type in ping ping.lithium.com and/or tracert ping.lithium.com
- Right-Click anywhere in the window, and click Mark
- Highlight all of the output, then click Right-Click (this will copy the text)
- Paste to a text editor/email

Thanks,

Tawny

Tawny Mergel

Community Manager