Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Administrator

Sage SalesLogix Community Upgrade Feedback

[ Edited ]

We're excited to share that the Sage SalesLogix community has been upgraded!  We have some nice enhancements to share with you including:

• New look and feel that provides easy access to unread posts

• Inline quick reply, so you can post your response without even opening the editor
• Flexible search options with powerful filtering to find what you need when you need it
• Access to more information with improved navigation menus that bring the community and www.sagesaleslogix.com website together
• Managing your time even easier with Auto-save Drafts to save your work while handling those unexpected interruptions  

While we've done testing in our staging environment on different types of members (Partners, Beta, Moderators, Administrators, Sage Employees, etc.), browsers and operating systems, we realize that you may run into an issue with this new version that we haven't uncovered.

We welcome and appreciate any feedback on this new upgrade you might have.  If you do run into an issue, please post it here.  It would be extremely helpful to know what browser/version and what operating system/version you are using.  Please also include the steps to recreate the issue that we can pass along to our provider to assist in resolving.

Of course, you can always provide your feedback directly via our community email.

We invite you to review this overview of the community upgrade benefits, forum structure and user experience:

Tawny Mergel

Community Manager

Gold Super Contributor

Re: Sage SalesLogix Community Upgrade Feedback

[ Edited ]

Ovevr all.. a significant improvement. Need to do more looking around.

VERY surprised/disappointed to not see the same breakdowns (LAN/Web) in the Partner area as we now have in the "public" area.

PLEASE seriously reconsider this and implement asap.  We really need it as much as the public area needed it.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Bronze Super Contributor

1) When you click into an idea you loose the community tabs (Home, Blogs, Ideas, Search, etc) so you need an extra click to get back out.

2) I *love* the quick reply. But the box is small. Any way to get it to span the width of the post? See http://screencast.com/t/NzEwOTVlYzkt

3) One of the best parts before the upgrade was the link to see the newest posts. That's no longer around. The "unread posts" is not quite the same since when you visit one it drops from that list. I might want to get back to a new discussion but can't as easily now.

Looks great. Thanks.

Ryan Farley - Customer FX Corporation / Director of Development

customerfx.com
| slxdeveloper.com | My SalesLogix Development Blog
Administrator

Hi RJ,

As always, thanks for your feedback, great to hear you think it's a significant improvement! I feel the same way.

Reflecting on the initial thoughts from the team, they really felt the new product forums should be public to benefit the entire community. The public forums are meant for partners and customers, and the intention is that all community members have conversations and share knowledge there that will benefit all community members, including customers that do their own IT and have developers on staff. Of course we realize that there is a need for private discussions at times and that is why we have the Global Partner's Lounge.

We're happy to take this request back to the team. We'd first love to hear comments from other partners and community members as well -- what do you think?  Should the bulk of conversations surrounding development be public for all to see?  If we do create private forums, we want to make sure that activity levels would warrant adding these additional forums, so please weigh in and make your voice heard so we can better understand the needs of the entire community.

Thanks,

Tawny

Tawny Mergel

Community Manager

Administrator

Hi Ryan,
Thanks for the feedback!  

1)  On the community tabs - if you're talking about within the idea post, for example, here http://community.sagesaleslogix.com/t5/IdeaLogix/Activity-with-multiple-related-entities/idi-p/12173, you're right, it should be showing up there. I'll open up a case with Lithium to have this added.  Thanks for the catch!

2)  Glad you love the quick reply - I do too!  It is a bit small. That's Lithium's design and we don't have any immediate control over changing that, however, I will open a case requesting that they increase the size and post an Idea on Lithium's community to see if we can't get that extended.  Thanks for the image, I'll be re-using that. Smiley Embarassed)

3) We'll see what we can do to add the link to newest posts back in. Stay tuned!

Thanks,

Tawny

Tawny Mergel

Community Manager

Gold Super Contributor

Thanks.

The reason we would like to see separate LAN and Web groups on the partner forums is for the same reason they are in the public side - to separate out the discussions and make it easier to work with them.

We have a separate one for mobile, a separate one for VA - just asking that Web and LAN be separate.

Some folks want to discuss just web and there's a lot of us that want to discuss just LAN.

How about it partners.. please make your opinions known.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Bronze Super Contributor

RJLedger wrote:

How about it partners.. please make your opinions known.

I care nothing about LAN posts and would love to be able to not see those any more, so a web only forum would be nice for me. However, at some point, the framework & model for web will also be used in the LAN product and at that point the conversations will converge a bit and then having a seaparate forum for both will make less sense. So, as long as we could bring the new LAN conversations back with the web without confusion at that time then I would be all for it.

Ryan Farley - Customer FX Corporation / Director of Development

customerfx.com
| slxdeveloper.com | My SalesLogix Development Blog
Bronze Elite Contributor

Given the significant proportional implementation advantage of LAN over Web, it would be prudent to not confuse LAN customers with all the Web talk. We need separate forums.

Mike Boysen - Blytheco

www.blytheco.com | www.blythecodev.com | bMobile
Copper Elite Contributor

I just came back from holiday.

Site looks much better, but I fully agree with RJL.

I hate it when everything is packed up together. Looks not professional

and takes too much time to find the relevant post(s).

Hartog