Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Elite Contributor

Remember My Login Not Working

I have the Remember my login on this computer checked yet the username and password remains blank each time I return.  Could be a security setting on my end but just checking.

IE Version 6 sp3

Martin Rudnick
Wells Fargo
SalesLogix Product Manager

"When in doubt, log out...and reboot"
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Remember My Login Not Working

I reported this yesterday - are you coming back in via an email notification? If so, yep, doesn't know who you are. If you just come in via a link in IE (http://community.sagesaleslogix.com/slsl/) it should remember.
Administrator

Thanks for the feedback -- I will open a case with our software provider and post here when I receive a response from them.

Thanks,

Tawny

Tawny Mergel

Community Manager

Administrator

Mike,

You referenced in your post that you reported this issue yesterday -- I'm not seeing that anywhere. Can you let me know where you reported it?  I want to make sure I understand the issue before opening the case.  Are you having issues specifically with email notifications and are you getting and error message of some sort?  Please provide whatever detail you can on this -- if you have the email notifications that didn't work for you it would be great to have those.  I'm assuming you weren't logged into the community when trying to access via the email notifications - is that true? Also, have you experienced an issue with every email notification you have received, or are there specific ones that have given you trouble (I'm wondering if perhaps it's because the board it was attempting to access is private)?  Just wanted to gather as much info as possible to help them troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Tawny

Tawny Mergel

Community Manager

Administrator

Martin,

Are you experiencing the same issue as Mike mentions with email notifications, or is your issue specific to when you are trying to login to the community from your browser? 

Thanks,

Tawny

Tawny Mergel

Community Manager

Copper Elite Contributor

I am having the issue in general.  When using a link in My Favorites and when linking via an email notification.  The email notification takes me to the thread but when I hit Reply, I am asked to log in.  I noticed that there is a setting under the profile to disable it globally or locally but there is not option to enable/re-enable.

Martin Rudnick
Wells Fargo
SalesLogix Product Manager

"When in doubt, log out...and reboot"
Silver Super Contributor

Ooops, sorry - it was in the old SLX newsgroups !

However, today - oddly, it's working (a link from an email) did something change ?

Something else that's cropped up in the last few days though - I get multiple notifications - usually exactly the same - about posts. Does it mean (as I have) that if I subscribe to the board *and* the thread (in my defaults) that I get two ?? Which one takes precedence ?

In other words - I want to know what goes on in the entire board and any that I've responded too - but I'd prefer just one email ?

Thanks

Mike

Administrator

Okay, good to know, thanks!  Sorry, I'm not sure if something has changed on the newsgroups.  I can ask Ryan though.  He may know.

On the multiple notifications; if you are subscribed to the board and the individual threads under the board, you will definitely receive multiple messages.  If you have a subscription to the thread only, you will only be notified when someone reply's to that particular thread.

Because you'd like to be aware of all activity on the board, I would recommend keeping your subscription to the board and removing any to the individual threads.  That way, you should only receive one email notification on any activity on the board.  

Tip - if you are subscribed to an entire board, be sure when you post or reply to un-check the "E-mail me when someone replies." box above the post button.  When this is checked (which it is by default since most members aren't subscribed to entire boards), it automatically subscribes you to that thread.

Let me know if you have any questions about managing your subscriptions.

Thanks,

Tawny Mergel

Community Manager

Administrator

Martin,

Thanks for chatting with me about this!  I've opened a case (#2508) and I'll report back when I hear something from the provider.  They may ask you to do some extra testing to help with troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Tawny Mergel

Community Manager

Highlighted
Administrator

Martin/Mike, is this still an issue for you?  Our software provider is just now following up on the case.  Please advise.

Thanks,

Tawny Mergel

Community Manager