Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Gold Super Contributor

RE: subject line cannot exceed 100 characters error

I may have said something about this before.. but it's really a nuisance...

The subject line is huge - please change the actual display or have the underlying database fixed to accommodate a subject (line) as long as the on screen line. 

Visibility goes to 134 characters but it actually scrolls and can accommodate a very long line. 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Administrator

Re: RE: subject line cannot exceed 100 characters error

Hi RJ,

The challenge with upping the subject character limit in the community is two-fold; 1) too much information in the subject line can make it difficult for visitors who are perusing the boards to identify subjects of interest to them, best to be concise as possible in this area and elaborate in your actual post and 2) in the board view, there is very little spacing to play with and a longer subject line forces posts futher down the screen limiting the number of viewable posts.

We've tried to make it a happy medium so you have enough characters to highlight what is in your post, but not so much that it makes it difficult for visitors to quickly decipher posts that interest them.

That said, I have upped the limit to 130 to provide a little more leeway without adding too much bulk in the subject area.  I hope that is helpful. We'll keep a watch to understand how that is affecting the board view.

All, please feel free to chime in on this subject.

Thanks,

Tawny Mergel

Community Manager

Gold Super Contributor

It helps - thanks!
--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Administrator