Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Move Pinned Webcast Threads

Many of the forums contain several pinned announcements about webcasts. The webcasts are great, but over time this list will grow, and even now, the list is too long to keep pinned to the top of each forum. It just makes it so you have to scroll down to see the new threads each time you enter a forum.

I do agree that these posts should be easily accessible and having them pinned makes sense. But they just need to be somewhere else. Maybe a blog on the site, or their own forum.

Thanks.

Ryan Farley - Customer FX Corporation / Director of Development

customerfx.com
| slxdeveloper.com | My SalesLogix Development Blog
Gold Super Contributor

Re: Move Pinned Webcast Threads

2nd that BIG time.

I've got no problem of an admin "pinning" something but in the spirit of making the forums (more) user friendly we need to be able to "un-pin" ANY item - including something that an admin has pinned..

I'm sure this is just a simple configuration/permissions issue and could be fixed w/the "snap" of a finger... Please do so.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Employee

[ Edited ]

Ryan,

I have un-pinned the webcast threads.  I will probably create one floated message in the future that I change each time we do a webcast.

Sorry for any issues this may have caused.

Tyler

Message Edited by tcrowder on 10-15-2009 02:22 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

One big webcasy thread would work. It would be great to have an "Events" forum where those sort of things could be posted and easily found.

customerfx.com
Gold Super Contributor

It's not you Tyler - it's this terrible product from Lithium...

Challenge.. for someone to write a package that truly combines the simple/elegant characteristics of a newsgroup system with the needs of a "community" style forum...

The product just has basic design "flaws" that need a clean sheet approach in order to fix it. Clearly it's built as a marketing tool for vendors and that's where the "flaw" starts.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Administrator

Ryan and RJ,

Thanks for the feedback, and Tyler, thanks for un-floating the webcasts.  While the admin's ability to float/unfloat for all won't be going away, we do need to ensure that we review these floated messages regularly to make sure that only those that truly need to be floated are at the top. Tyler, we can talk offline about other ways to acheive this as well.

For those of us posting from Sage, I recommend we put the tagging feature to use by tagging any event with "event" and then more specifically, with the type of event, such as "webcast" so community members can easily search and find this information.

The Business Updates & Sales and Marketing Enablement forum (a private, North America partner only area) was developed in part to house event announcements in North America such as the webcasts that Tyler included there. We also have the Headlines: News & Press forum which houses public events.

If anyone has additional suggestions, please pass them along.  We want the community to work for you so we're open to hearing all of your ideas.

Thanks,

Tawny Mergel

Community Manager

Bronze Super Contributor

The tagging idea would work great. Either that or to have an events blog or something with an RSS feed (that would be even better).

customerfx.com