Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Avid Listener
Accepted Solution

Duplicate notifications!

Whenever I subscribe to a board, and then I respond to one of the posts on that board, I get duplicate notifications for each post response (I assume one for the board subscription and one for the setting notifying me of responses to my posts).

Is there a way we can eliminate this?

Thanks!

Administrator

Re: Duplicate notifications!

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the question -- first, I want to commend you on subscribing to boards -- I don't think this feature is used enough and it's really a great time saver.  Except of course, when you're getting duplicates!  There is a way to stop this from happening.  The system automatically subscribes you to the "thread" whenever you create a new post or reply to one.  As you've noticed, if you are already subscribed to the board in which that thread resides, you would then receive two notifications; one for the board and one for the thread.  To avoid this, uncheck the box to "E-mail me when someone replies." at the bottom of the message editor when you are creating your post or reply.  If you aren't subscribed to the board, you'll want to leave this box checked so that you will be notified of new activity on that thread.  Hope that helps!

For those members who might needs a little instruction on subscribing, you can follow these simple steps:

To Subscribe:

Step 1: Navigate to the forum you'd like to subscibe to for instance, the Sage SalesLogix Product Forum.

Step 2: In the grey bar near the top of the forum, click "Board Options" and "Subscribe to this Board".  This drop-down menu works like a toggle so you can just as easily "Unsubscribe from this Board" should you want to.

To see a list of all boards or threads you are subscribed to, click on "Dashboard" in the green bar near the top of the community.  You can see all of your subscriptions listed here under "My Subscriptions".

Thanks,

Tawny Mergel

Community Manager

Avid Listener

Thanks for the feedback.  Is there a way I can remove this setting after I've already submitted the post?  I'd like to undo it after the fact so I don't keep getting 2 going forward.
Highlighted

Hi Chuck,

Open the thread in question, select options on the top right side of the message window, and then edit message. Once open, clear the E-mail me when someone replies check box and click the Post button.

Regards,

Tim 

Avid Listener

It does not give me an option to edit my previous message.  Here are the options I get .....

Administrator

Hi Chuck,

Yes, there is a way to do this.  The Dashboard in the green bar near the top of the community is a handy way to view a variety of different thing on the community, one being your subscriptions.

From there you can click on "Manage subscriptions" (you can also access your subscriptions from the "My Profile" link also located in the green bar).

That will open up your profile and you should be on the "Subscriptions & Bookmarks" tab.  

From the drop (up? Smiley Embarassed) box, you can choose which type of subscription you'd like to view -- in your case, you'll want to view "Subscribed Threads".  Doing this will populate the screen with all threads you have a subscription to and each will have a "Mark" box next to it.  Check the boxes beside the threads you'd like to unsubscribe from, and then click the "Delete Checked" option in the grey bar near the bottom of the screen.  Voila! Unsubscribed from the thread.  You will still be subscribed to the board (you can check this by choosing "Subscribed Board" from the option box).

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Tawny Mergel

Community Manager

Avid Listener

Got it, thanks!

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck D. Hopkins
Senior Director, Global CRM
New York Stock Exchange
SLX v7.5.1 LAN (WEB pending)

Administrator

You're welcome Chuck,  thanks for marking as an accepted solution!

Tawny Mergel

Community Manager