Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener

v7.5.1 AA Fails to Build

I am trying to get the SP1 upgrade to work on a test system, however I keep getting several errors when trying to build the interfaces within AA.

The type of namespace name 'EnumCode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

This occurs for us in the files IOwner.cs (several line numbers reported), IUser.cs (several line numbers reported) and IUserActivity.cs (several line numbers reported).

I have tried several solutions including:
-Reinstall AA and SP1
-Delete the data in my VFS
-Delete the cached built interface file (Doc & settings\Username\App Data\Sage)

I am simply restoring the project backup for 7.5.1 and trying to build/deploy this. Anyone have further thoughts or suggestions? I am pretty excited to test out SP1 as it will fix a lot of issues we currently have with v7.5.

Re: v7.5.1 AA Fails to Build

Have you deleted the files in the C:\Program Files\SalesLogix\ReferenceAssemlies folder?

John Perona

Director, Infor CRM Development

Infor CRM

Infor CRM

Tuned Listener

Yes I have deleted those as well.
Astute Commentator

I am getting this error as well.

This is on a SLX database that was upgraded to SLX 75 SP1 with all upgrade bundles applied.

I created a fresh SLX 7.5.1 LFS model. 

Here is the end of the output log for Build Interfaces on the 7.5.1 model:

Is there something missing in the database schema that would cause these errors? 

ERROR - C:\Documents and Settings\zebasantiaga\Application Data\Sage\Platform\Output\interfaces\IOwner.cs(115,14):The type or namespace name 'EnumCode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

ERROR - C:\Documents and Settings\zebasantiaga\Application Data\Sage\Platform\Output\interfaces\IOwner.cs(118,14):The type or namespace name 'EnumCode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

ERROR - C:\Documents and Settings\zebasantiaga\Application Data\Sage\Platform\Output\interfaces\IOwner.cs(121,14):The type or namespace name 'EnumCode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

ERROR - C:\Documents and Settings\zebasantiaga\Application Data\Sage\Platform\Output\interfaces\IOwner.cs(124,14):The type or namespace name 'EnumCode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

ERROR - C:\Documents and Settings\zebasantiaga\Application Data\Sage\Platform\Output\interfaces\IUser.cs(235,14):The type or namespace name 'EnumCode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

ERROR - C:\Documents and Settings\zebasantiaga\Application Data\Sage\Platform\Output\interfaces\IUser.cs(238,14):The type or namespace name 'EnumCode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

ERROR - C:\Documents and Settings\zebasantiaga\Application Data\Sage\Platform\Output\interfaces\IUser.cs(241,14):The type or namespace name 'EnumCode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

ERROR - C:\Documents and Settings\zebasantiaga\Application Data\Sage\Platform\Output\interfaces\IUser.cs(244,14):The type or namespace name 'EnumCode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

ERROR - C:\Documents and Settings\zebasantiaga\Application Data\Sage\Platform\Output\interfaces\IUser.cs(247,14):The type or namespace name 'EnumCode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

ERROR - C:\Documents and Settings\zebasantiaga\Application Data\Sage\Platform\Output\interfaces\IUser.cs(250,14):The type or namespace name 'EnumCode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

ERROR - C:\Documents and Settings\zebasantiaga\Application Data\Sage\Platform\Output\interfaces\IUser.cs(253,14):The type or namespace name 'EnumCode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

ERROR - C:\Documents and Settings\zebasantiaga\Application Data\Sage\Platform\Output\interfaces\IUser.cs(256,14):The type or namespace name 'EnumCode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

ERROR - C:\Documents and Settings\zebasantiaga\Application Data\Sage\Platform\Output\interfaces\IUser.cs(259,14):The type or namespace name 'EnumCode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

ERROR - C:\Documents and Settings\zebasantiaga\Application Data\Sage\Platform\Output\interfaces\IUserActivity.cs(119,14):The type or namespace name 'EnumCode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

ERROR - C:\Documents and Settings\zebasantiaga\Application Data\Sage\Platform\Output\interfaces\IUserActivity.cs(122,14):The type or namespace name 'EnumCode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

ERROR - C:\Documents and Settings\zebasantiaga\Application Data\Sage\Platform\Output\interfaces\IUserActivity.cs(125,14):The type or namespace name 'EnumCode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

INFO  - Done building project "Sage.Entity.Interfaces.csproj" -- FAILED.

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Did you do a "ctrl-Build" ? If not, do so.
--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Tuned Listener

Yes.  I almost always do a CTRL- Rebuild.
Copper Contributor

Did anyone find a resolution to this?  I am also getting the exact same error after restoring the 7.5.1 project backup when upgrading from 7.5 to 7.5.1.  Deleted the ReferenceAssemblies folder.  Getting these errors when I'm trying to re-build for the first time.  Ideas?

Thanks,

Melissa Saale

Harris Technology

Tuned Listener

Delete all the files in your deployment directory.  There seems to be a bug in AA where it goes to compile interfaces and it decides to use a reference to the old v7.5 Sage dlls (which are in your deployment directory).  Clearing all the old 7.5 deployment files from this directory somehow causes AA to use the correct reference (C:\Program Files\SalesLogix - or whatever your install directory was) and it compiles fine.  Very strange bug but deleting everything from your deployment directory should fix it.