Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: saleslogix 7.5 installation

Hi mike and adam,

This problem got solved. The issue is while i have added the sysdba user i have given server roles to the sysdba user. I mean db creater, sysadmin etc due to this i am not able to intialize the data dictionary and not able to open even  slx administrator. Now the issue is solved any way thanks alot for your support mike and adam. Now once i logged in to the admin i have added licenses(infact i do have work exp of slx7) and then i have checked my admin and lan client is working fine. After that i started installing web client in which i have installed webhost on iis and also web manager by giving my user credentials during "create website page" (infact i am the admin user) and then i am able to install those two(web manger and we host on iis successfully). But this led to open a new bug.once i have deployed the build the site and deploy it during site deployment i got the below error

ERROR - Could not configure IIS Server for Portal SlxClient. The web server LocalHost:3333 could not be located

ERROR - Exception was thrown when setting up target. Message is Failed to configure IIS Server

ERROR - One or more of the targets failed for portal 'SlxClient' to configure successfully. Please review deployment settings and try to deploy the portal again.

ERROR - Deployment has completed but Errors have occurred. Please review and if required change the configuration and re-deploy.

Bronze Elite Contributor

That explains how you were able to attach the database using the sysdba user.

All I can advise here is for you to read the implementation guide thoroughly as I have a feeling that is where your going wrong..

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Bronze Super Contributor

Hi adam

thank you so much for help

the reason why i am not able to maintain the save password check box in the connection tab of conneciton manger is sysdba uer is having user roles in sql server mgmt studio. I have read in one blog (slxdeveloper.com) expalnning that we should not give any rights in mgmt studio to sysdba user as i removed the rights i able to install slx connections and able to logon

Now my problem is residing in while i am checking the site afet webhost installation and deployment from AA

it is throwing 404 error but not showing any errors while build or deploy the site

thanks

jack

Employee

Hi Jack;

Have you manually verified the website exists in IIS?

If so; use the Advanced configuration methods in the Implementation Guide to set the Website and Virtual Directory properties.  Also verify WebDLL is set to owner for both Website and Application Pool.  After any changes you make, use IISReset.

Carla

Bronze Super Contributor

Jack,

SLX Web installation & configuration has many steps which must be properly completed or you will have a broken portal that produces messages which may not clearly tell you what is wrong.    We cannot stress enough that if you are new to SLX Web (and even when you are experienced), you MUST methodically follow the Implentation Guide during the installation.

Dan

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Hi Dan

Thanks for the help. Now i have successfully installed slx 7.5 and i am able to login to lan slx client. I am even able to sucessfully deploy the site. But the issue i am facing with web client is when ever i am opening the saleslogix slx web client i am  getting an error like

Could not load file or assembly 'dtSearchNetApi2' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

My current set up details are

Windows 2003 server 64 bit

sql server 2008

I have read in ablog that sage doesn't recommends the installing saleslogix 7.5 web in the above set up but still there is way to make this happen by making some changes(http://crm.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/saleslogix-l/64-bit-2644592)

I have made that and i am getting some error while i am making those changes

In the above mentioned blog it is suggested that when ever we are facing those issue we need to follow the below steps

1.Open a command prompt and navigate to the %systemdrive%\Inetpub\AdminScripts directory.
2.Type the following command:
cscript.exe adsutil.vbs set W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32BitAppOnWin64 ?true?
3.Press ENTER.

But after following these steps i am getting the below error

C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts>cscript.exe adsutil.vbs set W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32BitAp
pOnWin64 ?1?

(step i executed)

Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.

Type mismatch
ErrNumber: 13 (0xD)
Error Trying To SET the Property: Enable32BitAppOnWin64
(error i recieved)

Did any body has clue for this

I am extremely sorry for every body for inconvience created by lagging this post. In fact i have followed all the steps in implementation guide.

Thanks in advance

Apologizes for inconvience

Bronze Super Contributor

hi

i have successfully installed slx 7.5.2. The only mistake i have did from last few days is i am not configuring site in web manager module after doing that it is working fine.

It seems to me like i have found all the ways that we should not follow while installing saleslogix 7.5 web

i thank one and all for their contribution

regards

Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

No problem Jack! Where should I send the bill..? Smiley Very Happy

PS We all deserve a Kudos.... Only another 81 before I catch up with Mr Farley!   Smiley Sad

Message Edited by AdamTravers on 02-25-2010 09:38 AM
Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited