Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

saleslogix 7.5 installation

Hi

While i am installing saleslogix 7.5 i am getting following error message while attaching dbs could any one please help me on this. Following is the error message

"Error Copying Databases. Access violation at adress 004C4DBB in module "InstallslxDBS.exe".Read of address FFFFFFF

I am using windows server 2003 as my os and sql server 2008 as my data base server

I am having a valid sa user login for sql server 2008. I am having practise of installing saleslogix 7 but i am running out isseus with 7.5 installation.

Could any one help me on this

Thanks in advance

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: saleslogix 7.5 installation

SLX KB suggests copying the database from the SalesLogix DVD and manually attach the database(s) using SQL Management Studio
Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Bronze Super Contributor

Hi when i try to attach it  by below process is throwing a error that ldf file not found. Could you please help me on this. Also let me know like whether we need to create sysdba user login on sql server. Also when we need to run the update sysdba user script

Regards

Jack

Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can just delete the entry row for the ldf when attaching the database (it will create the ldf for you)

You will need to create the sysdba user manually attaching the database this way (let me know if you need help with that)

Run the sysdba fix script after you have attached the database - the script will only need to be run again after that if you move the database to another server.

I hope this helps?

Message Edited by AdamTravers on 02-22-2010 01:09 PM
Regards, Adam Travers
Bronze Elite Contributor

Just to add to this as Ive noticed your using SQL2008 - You must ensure you follow step 6 on page 29 of the SLX implementation guide (its an easy one to miss)

(Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Only) On the All tab:

a. Double-click Persist Security Info.
b. In the Property Value drop-down list, select True.
c. Click OK.
d. Double-click Integrated Security.
e. Click Reset Value.
    Data may exist that does not display in the Value field. This value must be reset to ensure that all data is removed.
f. Click OK.

Regards, Adam Travers
Bronze Super Contributor

I have tried by deleting the ldf row but i am still getting the same error. So first i created the sysdba user with masterkey as password in sql server 2008. Then i have logged in to sql server 2008 by using sysdba credentials and tried to attch the mdf file  but i am unable to attach the mdf file. Please suggest

Regards

Jack

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

You will need to attach the database using the sa user (the sysdba user doesn't have the relevant permissions - unless you have added them) I have just tested the same scenario here using SQL2008 and it works fine as expected - What is the exact error message?
Regards, Adam Travers
Bronze Super Contributor

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio ------------------------------ Attach database failed for Server 'VDEVSLX'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=10.0.1600.22+((SQL_PreRelease)....

------------------------------ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo) ------------------------------ Could not open new database 'saleslogix'. CREATE DATABASE is aborted. File activation failure. The physical file name "D:\BuildRoot\Gobi\SlxSahara_Release\Sources\SlxSahara\Databases\MSSQL\saleslogix_log.LDF" may be incorrect. The log cannot be rebuilt when the primary file is read-only. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 1813) For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=10.00.1600&Evtsrc=MSSQLServer&E...

------------------------------ BUTTONS: OK ------------------------------

But unfortunately i dont have BuildRoot folder in my d drive i am attaching the mdf file from copying the dvd and placing it in the d drive and attaching it

Regards

Jack

Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]
Right mouse click on the mdf file and go the properties - Is the Read Only checkbox selected? If so, uncheck it
Message Edited by AdamTravers on 02-22-2010 03:08 PM
Regards, Adam Travers
Bronze Super Contributor

Read only button is not checked but no clue. I am doing that on another machine it is getting attached fine dont know the reason what exactly i am missing

shall i copy the .ldf file from another machine and paste it here will that works???