Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

access violation in module 'oleault32.dll' SLX 7.5.4

Hi All, I have a windows 7 Pro SP1, SLX 7.5.4.....

O/S and SLX are fresh install.

I have installed and attached the remote database, tried logging into SLX client....before I get to the slx login screen I receive an error message saying "Exception EAccessViolation: Access violation at address 75D04974 in module 'oleault32.dll' Read of address 0000009"

Can't find anything in the knowledgebase....has anyone seen this and know of a fix?

Thanks,

Derek

Highlighted
Employee

Re: access violation in module 'oleault32.dll' SLX 7.5.4

Derek,

There is a kb article if you just search for  'oleault32.dll' .  It's not the exact error you are seeing but it is when opening the client.

So since you stated this is a clean install, did you make sure to disable the UAC before you installed SLX? 

Also double check of the requirements needed for installing SLX, permissions, .net, sql native clients... just to name a few.

Does the database connection from the SLX connection manager test successfully? 

Hope this helps.

Kelly

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: access violation in module 'oleault32.dll' SLX 7.5.4

I had this error yesterday on a new SLX install (from an upgrade) The below resolved the error for me with our customer.

1) Kill the SLX services on the remote user (including the processes in Task Manager)

2) Go to registry and delete all the connections that have information in them:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SalesLogix\ADOLogin\

3) Restart SLX Services - Recreate the connection and login.

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited