Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again.

[ Edited ]

(I already posted this in web developer section but it really belongs here.)

Deploying 7.5.4 to newly setup 2008 R2 64-bit virtual environment. Web server/app server/SQL server on separate VMs. 2008 R2 native client installed on all systems. Firewall ports are open for 1706 (SLX) and 1433 (SQL) for all. All of the webdll user configs are in place. Built and deployed web client from App Architect with no problems.

I unregistered 64-bit oledb DLLS and registered 32-bit dlls from Program Files (x86)/Common/OLEDB folder. Website is configured for 32-bit mode per docs.

I can get to the login screen in the web client, but can't login with any credentials. The message "your login attempt was not successful" is returned for all login attempts.

Event log messages include Sage.Platform.Data.DataServiceConnectionProvider connection exception: no error message available, result code: E_FAIL (0x80004005), and Sage.SalesLogix.Web.SLXMembershipProvider - no error message available, result code: E_FAIL (0x80004005). Google suggests these messages have something to do with OLEDB provider.

I tried Sysinternals Procmon to see what's happening. In a working (dev) environment, SLXService.exe and w3wp.exe chatter on local loopback, then SLXService connects to the app server on 1706. In the new environment, the connection to the app server occurs late with a "TCP Reconnect" operation, as if it can't complete the handshake. However, SLX LAN client installed on the web server works fine. Windows firewall is off on all machines.

I can access the Administrator on the App server and have no problems creating a new user, but still can't login as that user.

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again.

Guess we will never know the resolution for this error, since we ended up dumping the production boxes and replicating stage environment (known working). My best guess was missing Windows updates. Hate to give a "reinstall windows from scratch" answer but there you have it.

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again. E_FAIL

[ Edited ]

Hi,

i had this error today, trying to get SLX 7.5.4 work on a Windows 2008 R2 Server. I used the Implementation Guide to configure and install and i think i made all required steps.

My first solution was, to add the WebDLL User to the local Administrator Group. According to the Implementation Guide, this should not be neccessary. In some older documents it's required for the WebDLL-User. Removing the user from the group brings the same error again.

Using SysInternals ProcessMonitor, I found out that there are missing rights for the folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile. Seems that the Server needs access to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\SalesLogix\SLXOLEDB\PluginCache\SERVERCONNECTIONNAME\SYST0000000A\SLXProviderExtensions.dll

So my solution is set Read access to the folder  C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile for the user WebDLL.

I checked it several times, giving rights and removing rights and restart IIS.

My whole configuration is:

Server 1 with Windows 2008 R2 / SQL Server 2008 R2

Server 2 with Windows 2008 R2 / SalesLogix 7.5.4 Server (Services with LocalSystemAccount)

Server 3 with Windows 2008 R2 / SalesLogix 7.5.4 Web (SlxClient, SData)

Hope that helps.

Regards
Rainer Raebiger
ANK

I am getting the same error on V8. on both a standalone Windows 2008 Server and a 64-bit Win7 laptop.

SLX Mobile 3.0 is working in both environments

When browsing to SLXClient the login screen appears. For a while I was getting an "unable to log in " type error message, but after more fiddling I am back to getting an exception.

Full details from the event log:

2013-10-19 00:19:51,033 [7] ERROR Global - SalesLogix Web Client unhandled exception [SalesLogix Error Id=SLX58A9BD121B1B6E58] { "slxErrorId": "SLX58A9BD121B1B6E58", "mitigation": "ErrorContent (1)", "date": "2013-10-19T00:19:51", "utc": "2013-10-18T13:49:51", "message": "Value cannot be null.", "source": null, "type": "System.ArgumentNullException", "stackTrace": "", "targetSite": "", "fullException": "System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): There was an exception that could not be handled in Sage.Platform.Application.UI.Web.ApplicationPage.HandleException(). See the InnerException for details. ---> System.Exception: The provided argument userId must not be null . ---> System.ArgumentNullException: The provided argument userId must not be null . ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.\r\n --- End of inner exception stack trace ---\r\n at Sage.Platform.Application.Guard.ArgumentNotNull(Object argumentValue, String argumentName)\r\n at Sage.Platform.Application.Guard.ArgumentNotNullOrEmptyString(String argumentValue, String argumentName)\r\n at Sage.SalesLogix.UserOptionsService.GetUserOptionsFromDataStore(IDbConnection connection, String userId)\r\n at Sage.SalesLogix.UserOptionsService.LoadOptionsWorker(Object parameter)\r\n --- End of inner exception stack trace ---\r\n at Sage.SalesLogix.UserOptionsService.GetUserPref(String prefName, String prefCategory)\r\n at Sage.SalesLogix.UserOptionsService.GetCommonOption(String name, String category)\r\n at Sage.Platform.WebPortal.WebPortalPage.GetClientBindingManagerService()\r\n at Sage.Platform.WebPortal.WebPortalPage.InitClientContext(Page page, WorkItem workItem)\r\n at Sage.Platform.WebPortal.WebPortalPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)\r\n at SlxClient.ExceptionPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)\r\n at Sage.Platform.Application.UI.Web.ApplicationPage.HandleException(Exception ex)\r\n at SlxClient.ExceptionPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)\r\n at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()\r\n at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)\r\n at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)\r\n at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()\r\n at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)\r\n at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)\r\n at ASP.exception_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)\r\n at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()\r\n at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)", "hashCode": "3FB4CFF3-20B1024B-3EB2ADF3", "pid": 4312, "identity": { "name": "", "isAuthenticated": false, "authenticationType": "" }, "logger": { "level": "ERROR", "location": "Sage.Platform.Diagnostics.ErrorHelper.LogException(:0)", "name": "Global", "message": "SalesLogix Web Client unhandled exception [SalesLogix Error Id=SLX58A9BD121B1B6E58]" }, "request": { "looksLikeAjax": false, "isLocal": true, "method": "GET", "url": "http://localhost:3333/SlxClient/Exception.aspx?exceptionid=SLX9BFDD630F84E0399&url=http://localhost:3333/SlxClient/Default.aspx&kind=1", "referrer": "http://localhost:3333/SlxClient/Login.aspx", "ipAddress": "::1", "userAgent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/30.0.1599.101 Safari/537.36", "userLanguages": "en-US; en;q=0.8" }, "httpException": { "httpCode": 500, "webEventCode": 0 }, "browser": { "type": "Chrome30", "name": "Chrome", "version": "30.0", "majorVersion": 30, "minorVersion": 0.0, "platform": "WinNT" }, "server": { "machineName": "WIN-50AJCKFU0VR", "timeZone": "Cen. Australia Standard Time", "commandLine": "C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\inetsrv\\w3wp.exe -ap \"SalesLogix\" -v \"v4.0\" -l \"webengine4.dll\" -a \\\\.\\pipe\\iisipmc5b7d1c4-5e25-4e16-93b9-6f654f2ce863 -h \"C:\\inetpub\\temp\\apppools\\SalesLogix\\SalesLogix.config\" -w \"\" -m 0", "versionString": "Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1", "is64BitOperatingSystem": true, "host": { "siteName": "SalesLogix", "applicationId": "/LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT/SlxClient", "applicationPhysicalPath": "c:\\inetpub\\wwwroot\\SlxClient\\", "applicationVirtualPath": "/SlxClient", "isDebuggingEnabled": false, "isHosted": true, "maxConcurrentRequestsPerCPU": 5000, "maxConcurrentThreadsPerCPU": 0 }, "logonUser": { "name": "WIN-50AJCKFU0VR\\WebDLL", "authenticationType": "", "impersonationLevel": "Impersonation", "isAnonymous": false, "isGuest": false, "isSystem": false } } }

All help greatly appreciated - this has dogged me for hours.

Bronze Super Contributor

ANK

Rainer,

Thanks for your response. To no avail alas.

WEBDLL is now an Administrator and has R/W access to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile

This is a hosted VM and not part of a domain - I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Running SLX Profiler I can see it gets through 6 or 7 queries after the login attempt.

Running PROCMON doesn't reveal anything to my eyes.

User name without password gives :Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again.

USer name with password gives the Exception message.

Bronze Super Contributor

Hi ANK,

please check if the folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\SalesLogix\SLXOLEDB\PluginCache does exist. It should be created after first login. In this folder there should exist a folder SERVERNAME_CONNECTIONNAME, e. g. SERVERSLXCONNECTIONSLX. In this folder ther should be a folder SYST0000000A. In this folder, ther should exist the file SLXProviderExtensions.dll. So the whole thing should look like this C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\SalesLogix\SLXOLEDB\PluginCache\SYST0000000A\SLXProviderExtensions.dll

Regards
Rainer Raebiger