06-25-2009 08:12 AM
I am looking for some basic info about Windows client new features and technical enhancements.
We are looking a upgrade from a SLX 6.2.4 envr. We have 100+ users all on Window client, no remote users. Lot of custom plugin and data scrubbing needs.
Among other things I would appreciate answer to these questions.
1. How is the support for Legacy forms?
2. How useful is .NET Extensions for future customizations?
3. Any features not supported in new version?
4. How stable is 7.5 in comparison to 7.2?
Thanks for taking time,
06-25-2009 08:17 AM
1) Support for legacy continues as before
2) Depends on your needs - but very useful obviously.
3) Crystal upgrdes to XIr2 - other than that - don't think anything else goes away
4) The later versions 7.5.1 is good - however, due to imminence of 7.5.2 might be better to way (Sept'ish)
06-25-2009 08:48 AM
Thanks for your response Mike.
Apart from loosing further bug fixes in 6.2, what would be very compelling reasons to upgrade.
If you can guess I am building a case for the mgmt to upgrade.
06-25-2009 01:54 PM
That depends, are you planning on Vista, Win2008, SQL2008 or 64bit changes too ? If so, there are 3 reasons !
But, in the main - 7.2/7.5 are mainly web changes as you are probably aware.
07-07-2009 03:19 PM
In terms of features/benefits of upgrading to the 7.5 Windows Client, numerous new functionality has been added that can benefit your business:
I've also attached an upgrade comparison chart that visually illustrates the differences across versions and clients that I think will be helpful to you in making your decision. Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Sarah T. Call
Product Marketing Manager