Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Windows client version comparision 6.2 , 7.2 and 7.5

hello,

I am looking for some basic info about Windows client new features and technical enhancements.

We are looking a upgrade from a SLX 6.2.4 envr. We have 100+ users all on Window client, no remote users. Lot of custom plugin and data scrubbing needs.

Among other things I would appreciate answer to these questions.

1. How is the support for Legacy forms?

2. How useful is .NET Extensions for future customizations?

3. Any features not supported in new version?

4. How stable is 7.5 in comparison to 7.2?

Thanks for taking time,

-R

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Windows client version comparision 6.2 , 7.2 and 7.5

1) Support for legacy continues as before

2) Depends on your needs - but very useful obviously.

3) Crystal upgrdes to XIr2 - other than that - don't think anything else goes away

4) The later versions 7.5.1 is good - however, due to imminence of 7.5.2 might be better to way (Sept'ish)

Mike

Highlighted

Thanks for your response Mike.

Apart from loosing further bug fixes in 6.2, what would be very compelling reasons to upgrade.

If you can guess I am building a case for the mgmt to upgrade.

cheers,

-R

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

That depends, are you planning on Vista, Win2008, SQL2008 or 64bit changes too ? If so, there are 3 reasons !

But, in the main - 7.2/7.5 are mainly web changes as you are probably aware.

Regards

Mike

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Hello!

In terms of features/benefits of upgrading to the 7.5 Windows Client, numerous new functionality has been added that can benefit your business:

• Take advantage of fully integrated marketing, service and support functionality
  • Capture and import leads lists, qualify leads, create activities for leads, and automatically distribute them to the appropriate person or department
  • Manage marketing campaigns, track and analyze campaign ROI
  • Access Customer Service/Support features such as Tickets, Defects, Assets, Service Contract Management, Returns and more—enhancing the service you provide
  • Utilize the enhanced, powerful SpeedSearch to quickly locate resolutions to customer issues
  • Take advantage of multi-currency features to help support a growing, global business
  • Create and manage new sales opportunities with ease; view an Opportunity Snapshot for a quick summary of important details, e-mail key opportunity data with one click, generate sales proposals automatically that include opportunity product and pricing, and more
  • Drive opportunities to a close by automating proven sales processes or automate other key business processes to drive productivity
  • Associate an attachment to meetings, phone calls, to-do items, e-mails, notes, and personal activities
  • Enable customers to resolve issues and submit tickets 24/7 by providing customer self-service options

I've also attached an upgrade comparison chart that visually illustrates the differences across versions and clients that I think will be helpful to you in making your decision. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

Sarah T. Call

Product Marketing Manager

480-444-4907 x7857