Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Windows 8.1 no Report Checkout folder?

Hi,

Windows 8.1 (Pro) with SLX 8.1 SNC 03, Core 03

When you checkout a report from Architect.exe (8.1.0.1416) (with [OUT] Button) it no longer creates the CheckOut folder* where Crystal is looking for the file and brings the error "The system cannot find the file specified".

*e.g. C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\SalesLogix\Reports\Architect\CheckOut

Without the 03 Updates it's also not creating the folder, but ther is also no error message until you specifically use the [Launch Crystal] button which is looking into this folder.

On Server 2012 R2 it works fine. Can someone confirm this?

Thanks.
Regards,
Marco

---------------------------
Ambit AG, Switzerland
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Windows 8.1 no Report Checkout folder?

Anyone? :-)

Ambit AG, Switzerland
Employee

Can you please try using Process Monitor to see what errors may be occurring?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645

Thanks

Mike

Bronze Super Contributor

I already checked with ProcMon and filtered it down to the involved CheckOut path but couldn't get any info out of that.

I checked again and removed the filters and noticed it looks for Crystal DLLs in C:\Program Files (x86)\SalesLogix\SupportFiles which were not there.

Then I remembered that there is now an SAP software piece which should be under Programs & Features - which was missing :/

SLX_v8.1.0_INTL\Administrative Tools and Servers\ISSetupPrerequisites\{0FED219F-15A8-4BF5-AF25-15D98460A190}\CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_7.msi

After this it worked (even that the DLLs were not where I expected them). Don't know why it was missing. Looks like the Admin Tools and Server with selected Admin, Architect, App Architect, .Net Ext and Utilities didn't install this.

Thanks Mike for making me check ProcMon again.

Best regards,

Marco

Ambit AG, Switzerland
Employee

Great, thanks for the update!

Mike