Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Re: Windows 7 : Install SalesLogix - Error 2738. Could not access VBScript run time for custom action.

I tried this solution with no luck, then came across the following, which worked.  I'm running 7.2.0 on Windows 7:

1- Click Start "globe"
A- Type in Search programs and files box> regedit
regedit.exe should show in list, right click on it and select Run as administrator
2- Find this key and delete it:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{ B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}
Now done with regedit.
3- Register the vbscript.dll as described above.

Nickel Contributor

Re: Windows 7 : Install SalesLogix - Error 2738. Could not access VBScript run time for custom action.

[ Edited ]

I just struggled with this one on a customer's machine running Windows 7 64 bit. I was using the SalesLogix 7.52 MSI files to install SalesLogix and it would keep failing with Error 2738.

In my case the two registry keys that are referenced in various posts online did not exist either.

I finally managed to fix it but am not sure which of the following worked:

1) Disabled UAC / brought it down to its lowest possible setting

2) Rebooted the machine

3) Logged on as another user who was an Admin on the machine

This seemed to fix things for me. Hope it helps someone else.

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

The way you did it is the ONLY way I've been successful in putting SalesLogix on Windows 7. - Especially lowering UAC..

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html