Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Web Client> Account/Contact Details Error box

We recently upgraded to SLX 7.5 SP2.  We are currently experiencing issues with the web client.  We have encountered a few bugs as to be excepted but this one we cannot seem to conquer

If a user logs into Web Client clicks on Account or Contact details (drills in).  An error message box displays:

"A smart part associated with this page has failed to load: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\SlxClient\SmartParts\ContactLeadSource\AddEditContactLeadSource.ascx(332): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'IDataSourceControl' does not exist in the namespace 'Sage.Platform.Controls' (are you missing an assembly reference?)"

The: 'ContactLeadSource\AddEditContactLeadSource.ascx' part of the error message differs depending if you are looking at different parts of the contact or account details.  The common trend is always the 'IDataSourceControl' does not exist in the namespace 'Sage.Platform.Controls.'  The event viewer on the SLX web server has an error message for every .ascx file extenstion in the c:\inetpub\wwwroot\SlxClient\SmartParts\ContactLeadSource OR \Contact OR \Account.  The code itself for any of the ascx modules does not contain a 'register assembly' for the ''IDataSourceControl' I am unsure of what adding this line of code will do.  This also does not seem like the correct approach.  We use this as our production environment.

I then logged into Application Architect.  Drilled into Portal Manager> Sage Sales Logix> Services OR Modules and attempted to add the 'Sage.Platform.Controls.IDataSourceControl' only to find this does not exist from the drop down list in either the service or module. I did not attempt to 'add' this service or module manually as I am unsure of what/how the consequences of doing this are.  As far as I can tell everything looks present within the portal.  I have also attempted to build/deploy the portal again in case something became corrupt but this did not get rid of the error message.

It should also be noted if you close the error box you are able to view/update the account or contact without any issues.

Let me know if you have any more questions or concerns.

Thanks for any assistance.

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Web Client> Account/Contact Details Error box

Please refer to this thread.

Basically applying the Hotfixes to the webclient worked.  I have encountered another issue after doing the hot fixes.  It is currently posted on the below thread also.

http://community.sagesaleslogix.com/slsl/board/message?board.id=SLX_Discussion&thread.id=2577

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

I have run into this same issue and the current link is not long available. How did you end up fixing this issue?

Regards,

Matthew

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

I have done some more research and I found the solution.

http://www.slxdeveloper.com/devhome/forum.aspx?forumid=4002&postid=26662