Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Super Contributor

Web Client Event Log Errors - Value cannot be null. Parameter name: authToken

Production SalesLogix 7.5.4 hosted environment and we are seeing these errors several times a day. What is causing this and how do we fix it?

Event Type: Error

Event Source: SalesLogix Web Client

Event Category: None

Event ID: 0

User: N/A

Description: 2013-06-07 12:32:43,621 [7] ERROR Sage.Platform.Application.UI.Web.ApplicationPage - Unhandled exception. System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: authToken at Sage.Platform.Application.Guard.ArgumentNotNull(Object argumentValue, String argumentName) at Sage.SalesLogix.SLXDataService.DecryptAuthToken(Object authToken) at Sage.SalesLogix.SLXDataService.GetConnectionString() at SlxClient.ActivityManagerPage.OnPreInit(EventArgs e)

Thank you!

Timmus Agersea
Black Moth CRM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Web Client Event Log Errors - Value cannot be null. Parameter name: authToken

This is an authentication token timeout... if someone doesn't interact with SLX for 15 minutes (or is it 10?) they are automatically logged out. The error is triggered when they try to access the page again with no authentication token.

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Web Client Event Log Errors - Value cannot be null. Parameter name: authToken

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply, Andy. This seems like a ludicrous thing to log to the event log.

Swiftpage, please chime in. How do I disable this from being logged? It clutters the event log and makes it seem like SalesLogix is a defect ridden application.

Thank you.

Timmus Agersea
Black Moth CRM
Bronze Super Contributor

Smiley Wink

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC
Employee

As it is an exception, this is the expected behavior. In 8.0 (in one of the HFs; not sure which one) it will be logged as a Warning; however, it is a different message now (AuthTokenNullException). In addition, most of these Warnings can be disabled in 8.x by setting the sage.platform.diagnostics.errorHelper-logAuthenticationRedirects appSettings.config value to "false".

Thanks

Mike

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Thanks Mike. I am glad to hear this is a setting now. My concern with disabling these notifications is that we would not be able to track down someone trying to brute force login, right?

I disagree that these are exceptions as this is behaving as designed - users have a  timeout setting that auto logs them out. IMO the event log should only contain exceptions/warnings for unexpected cases. If they are expected, they arent exceptions.

Maybe the auth token should not be nullified but instead flagged as expired so the system could differentiate between legitimate  user sessions that have timed out and someone trying to hit the system without a token?  Just a thought...

Thanks!

Timmus Agersea
Black Moth CRM