Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Contributor

Web Client 7.5.1 - How to pass in the currently logged in userid to a crystal report?

I have a report that I want to run for the currently logged in user with no prompting for parameters.

I tried adding the xml filter shown below in the Filter Conditions box of the Crystal Report Properties in Architect (under the Execution tab), but the report does not seem to even attempt to incorporate this filter in the report query based on what slx profiler tells me.

<SLXReportConditions>
   <MainTable>HISTORY</MainTable>
   <Connector>ALL</Connector>
    <SLXCondition>
<ConditionType>Query</ConditionType>
<Table>History</Table>
<Field>USERID</Field>
<Operator>=</Operator>
<Value>:UserID</Value>
<FromRange></FromRange>
<ToRange></ToRange>
<DataType>String</DataType>
<Tag></Tag>
</SLXCondition>
</SLXReportConditions>

Basically I am adding the same xml that is generated for a condition if you click the Show XML button in the report edit conditions panel.

Should this work? Am I missing something? Is there a different/better approach that will work?

Thanks,
Doug
Doug Evenhouse
Evenhouse Consulting, Inc.
http://evenhouseconsulting.com
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Web Client 7.5.1 - How to pass in the currently logged in userid to a crystal report?

Doug,

This looks like a defect. We'll tke a look.

Thanks

Mim

Mimi Dolan

Sage SalesLogix

Sage

Nickel Contributor

Re: Web Client 7.5.1 - How to pass in the currently logged in userid to a crystal report?

Thanks Mimi. How can we track the status of this issue? Has it been determined to be a defect? Is there a workaround?

Thanks,

Doug

Doug Evenhouse
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

For anyone who is following this thread: the defect # for the issue described is 1-69112.

Does anyone know of a workaround for passing in the currently logged in userid to a crystal report?

Thanks,

Doug Evenhouse

Doug Evenhouse

Can anyone tell me if this problem was resolved? I amnot getting an error, but the system does not seem to be looking at the filter conditionsat all.

Thanks,
Biscuit
Employee

Currently still showing as an Open Defect due for resolution in the Future.

There is no workaround listed at this time.
Bronze Super Contributor

This does not seem to be fixed in Web v8. "Current Activities - Sample" does not work in v8.