Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Contributor

User template has empty calendar access on the web client (slx 8.1) even though it shows data in LAN admin

Hi everybody,

I just found an issue on SLX 8.1 Web Client. I have a user template that has access to other calendars. I can see on the LAN client, in the user profile screen that this template has access to several user's in the "Other Calendar" area. When I open that exact same user template in the web client, the "Other Calendar" tab is empty. This is a huge issue.

I was able to replicate this problem on an OOB system. Is this a known issue?

SLX 8.1 + web core update 01, 02 + web model update 01, 02

Thanks for your help.

Nickel Contributor

Re: User template has empty calendar access on the web client (slx 8.1) even though it shows data in LAN admin

[ Edited ]

Replication steps:

Open the profile of a user template (Example: Marketing).
Go to Calendar tab.
Add one or more users to the "Other Calendar" area.
Click ok, save everything.
Open web client, log in as admin.
Go to administration->users area.
Open the "Marketing" user details.
Open the "Other Calendar" tab.
No records are displayed.

Employee

Re: User template has empty calendar access on the web client (slx 8.1) even though it shows data in LAN admin

Hi Nico,

The issue was verified and the following defect was created:

14096907: Users created from a template in Web Administration are missing Calendar access (Other Calendars)

Note that the underlying issue is that the API used to retrieve the calendar access does not process the data correctly if the user is a template user. The security value in the database should be correct though.

Thanks

Mike

Nickel Contributor

Thanks for the info Mike!