Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

User security BLOB

I've got a problem with the security BLOB in the user security table. Some users can't edit their own activities in web/mobile. It appears that they've got a Calendar setting with only Add permissions, no Edit or Delete. I can't directly change this setting through the Administrator (no entry for "self"). Does anybody have a suggestion besides "recreate the user profile?" Is there an easy way to edit the BLOB directly?

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: User security BLOB

Here's something I tried: making a copy of the profile, then adding the calendar rights to the new user. Then, applying the security settings from the new user back to the original user. This actually did update the BLOB with the add/edit/delete rights, however, the user still can't edit, delete or close their own activities. So maybe the issue goes deeper than that.

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: User security BLOB

For posterity: to fix the security settings for the user who is experiencing the issue:

1. create a blank user with the same team memberships, default security profile, and feature security as the faulty profile.

2. use the "Copy Profile" button (checkboxes in security and team) from this blank user to the faulty profile.

Still not sure of a way to identify users that will experience the issue. I guess we will have to take a break/fix approach.

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC