Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Contributor

User profile auditing

Hi

Is there any way of auditing changes to user profiles, specifically subscription rule changes and when databases were last created and by who?

Thanks

Robert

Silver Super Contributor

Re: User profile auditing

UserSubscription and UserInfo both have createuser,modifyuser (and dates) so you could report on those. Nothing sets the last db unfortunately (although you could tell that by the create date of the database, just not who did it. Of course, there should be a limited number of users able to do this anyway.
Bronze Contributor

I've got a situation where the customer has a team for 4 people managing users, and everytime something goes wrong they say it was the system changing stuff itself.  The problem with the last modify date is that by the time they decide something went wrong they've already done so many changes since that that value is meaningless.  I'm considering putting a trigger on the database to log date and time stamps and userids everytime the modifydate changes.  Would this interfere with anything?

Is there any way I can extract meaningful info out of the blobs from SQL, especially concerning the subscription rules?

Thanks

Robert

Silver Super Contributor

The trigger would be fine - but the DataBlob (Image) will be an issue. You'll need to use ReadText to get it into something more meaningful.
Bronze Contributor

Thanks, I'll give that a try then.  If I'm successful at creating a meaningful audit I'll post it back here.