Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Contributor

User Group Settings

A customer raised an interesting question, "how can they find out what the setting are for each user in the Tools, Options, Lookups and Groups for the Main View and Default Group for each main view?"  Once these are set there is no visible way of seeing the settings.

The request came form a system administrator that is trying to minimize the initial Client loading time by having the default group set to a small group. 

Where is the user data stored so a report could be written to display this information?

Thanks,

Bruce Pershke

PBDI

615-851-9497

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: User Group Settings

The data is stored within a blob field in the useroptions table.
Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Employee

My understanding is Adam is right, the default group for a mainview is stored in the useroptions table optionvalue memo field, with the Name value being the mainview (for example, “Account”) and the Category value being “DefaultGroup”.  If there is no useroption for that user than it uses the value from the useroptiondef table.  The value will be in the format mainview:groupname.

There isn't a useroptions entity in SalesLogix; so you can use ado.net, or crystal, or any sql tool that can show you memo fields should work fine.

You can use the Application.UserOptions in the windows client and the UserOptionsService in the Web, I believe.

John Perona

Director, Infor CRM Development

Infor CRM

Infor CRM

Copper Elite Contributor

How do we get to the UserOptionsService?
Regards,

Ron Buchanan
Brainselll - VA
(804) 545-3121

Web 

IUserOptionsService userOption = ApplicationContext.Current.Services.Get<IUserOptionsService>(true);

Web 7.5.2 - Easier

MySlx.Security.UserOptions

John Perona

Director, Infor CRM Development

Infor CRM

Infor CRM