Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Contributor

Upgrade 7.5.0 to 7.5.2 Issues

I upgraded a 7.5.0 Web installation to 7.5.2 (first version was on 7.2.0)

Bundle Differencing

a) Just as in 7.2 to 7.5, w/ 7.5 to 7.5.2, a bunch of unmodified elements were added to the bundle manifest.  These included entities untouched (Tickets) and changes to System Tables.

b) Extraneous elements added.   In the Main Portal pages of every modified entity the GroupViewer SmartPart was added causing nHibernate errors.  Solution was to delete the GroupViewer from each Portal Page.  

c) Custom Entities / Child Propoerties.    Completely new entity came over without issue.  New properties to out of the box entity no issue.  Entity hanging off of Account had to be rebuilt.  If included in bundle it blew up everything else.

Code Issues

a) Somehow from 7.5.0 to 7.5.2  the obsolete C# snippets no longer referenced the Entity.DisplayNames.  Instead I had to manually update all references to Entity.FieldNames for objects to be referenced. Curiously this was only for the rebuilt entity of (c)

b) Custom SmartPart for MoveContact .....

Activity.BaseType / History.BaseType no longer exists  Activity.Type/History.Type  --- no documentation of this change

Cannot find any acceptable values for Type.  It will not accept Integers or String w/ Casts or Converts

c) Custom SmartPart for MoveContact

The code has some error of value assignment.  If Sage code used instead (made active), the error message for the non-used code still pops.  Its as if the active and non-active code is getting compiled.

This isn't fun.   Ease of upgrades is very important both from a selling perspective, customer maintenance/satisfaction and profitability. 

Silver Contributor

Re: Upgrade 7.5.0 to 7.5.2 Issues

Ups,

This is bad!

I updated from 7.5.1 to 7.5.2  and had none of this issues.

Alexander

Nickel Super Contributor

My organization was thinking about upgrading from v7.5.1 to v7.5.2 a couple months ago as the hotfixes were supposed to give a noticable speed increase in the way the web client performed.  As we rely on our business partner for upgrades and implementation services, the estimate we received (high level) to do this change was insanely high!  My organization could of taken that money and invested it in boat loads of training for myself to perform the upgrade ourselves (although from the sounds of your post, it would bury me).

As you stated before, ease of upgrades is very important and I completely agree, especially when a company does not employ an in house developer.  Suffice to say, we are just going to wait for a major release to upgrade.

Gold Super Contributor

Windows side of teh upgrade is fairly "trivial" (well I have been doing slx for 11+ years ;-)

However, the web side is not. With the state of things, you should consider upgrading since 99% of it is bug fixing.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Bronze Super Contributor

Hi

i want to install saleslogix 7.5.2 so first i installed slx 7.5 and i am installing sp1 and sp2 of saleslogix which will be enhance slx from 7.5 to 7.5.2 . So my question is will that works or i need to install all hot fixes also. if it is the case what is the order of installing saleslogix 7.5.2. I am confused first hot fixes need to install or sp's need to install

Regards

Jack

Gold Super Contributor

You only install SP2 - it is in the the documentation provided by SalesLogix (in the SP). After that.. install hot fixes as appropriate for that SP.

NOTE: You HAVE to read all the (Sage SalesLogix) documentation provided in order to determine what HF's get installed.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Nickel Contributor

I have been trying to upgrade 7.5.0 to 7.5.2 for the last week and a half on a test system and continiously get the same error in AA for the web portion.  Today, I did 7.5.0 to 7.5.1.  Ran into a similar issue, but found a resolution here and now have 7.5.1 working fine.  Then trying to upgrade 7.5.1 to 7.5.2, I still get the same error.  Tried the resolution I found with 7.5.1, but still does not work.  One item of notice is that there was no ReferenceAssemblies directory within the Saleslogix directory to delete even though AA shows the path there.  I do have 2 Reference Assemblies directories in the Program Files (x86) and Program Files directories, but they only have a Microsoft directory and I cannot delete them as they are marked TrustedInstaller.

Here is the error and hopefully someone can help me with it: An application exception has occurred. Failed to build Sage.SnippetLibrary.CSharp. (Sage.Platform)

Program Location:

at Sage.Platform.Orm.Entities.CodeSnippetLibraryBase.CompileSnippetAssembly(Boolean force)
   at Sage.Platform.Orm.Entities.CodeSnippetManager.BuildAllLibraries(Boolean forceOverwrite)
   at Sage.Platform.AdminModule.AdminModuleInit.GenerateCodeSnippetLibraries(BuildType buildType)
   at Sage.Platform.AdminModule.AdminModuleInit.BuildWebObjectsImpl(OperationStatus op)
   at Sage.Platform.AdminModule.AdminModuleInit.DoBuildWebObjects(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.DoWorkEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

I deleted the Sage folder in the AppData>Local and Roaming directories, deleted the contents of the Web Components directory, delete the Sage directory in Program Data and then did the CTRL-Rebuild Web Platform in AA.

No luck and very frustrating.

Nickel Contributor

Since there has been no replies to this in over a week, I pressume that no one has an answer to this problem.  Even the Sage Technical Support is stumped over this issue.
Employee

have you applied the various VFS Backups provided as part of the Service pack, there are 2 to 3 vfs backups that needs to be restored such as VFS RC0, VFS RC1 and VFS RC2, if you have not done this then there will be errors in building the web platform.

Regards
Kannan

Nickel Contributor

According to Sage, you do not have to do this.  I tried RC0 & RC1 and got a different error that I could not find an answer to.  I tried RC2 and it worked putting the version to 7.5.2.2115.  Then I tried SP2 and got the same SnippetLibrary.CSharp error.