02-09-2012 03:38 PM
I wondered if anyone can help with this issue. I have a Remote Client install where I cannot configure Intellisync, because the personal web server isn't complete. Error: Personal web server's 'Open Site' is greyed-out (because it's not started). Right-clicking on the personal web server's 'Properties' generates the error: "There are no sites registered with the personal web server."
My question is why, and how would I get that to happen?
I have verified:
1. That UAC was disabled during install
2. Installed on local machine, as admin
3. Clean uninstall/reinstall of SLX, cleared folders and register entries.
4. Issue is specific to local machine, no other users experience problems.
ENVIRONMENT: SLX 7.5.4 LAN Remote Client, Windows7 64-bit.
Unfortunately the newest documentation and prior knowledgebase articles have led to confusion in getting support, specifically around the need to for the web host Intellisync portal. It is deployed, but to my knowledge, has nothing to do with a Remote Client (LAN-based).
02-09-2012 04:05 PM
02-13-2012 07:43 AM
RJ is correct. You need to deploy the Intellisync Portal to the Remote User via Application Architect. The Sync Server will then sync the deployment to the Remote User and once they have run a Sync Cycle this should resolve the issue.
02-14-2012 09:52 AM
OK, I think I can see how and why this would work. It's definitely not clearly documented, since almost all the related documentation refers to disconnected web clients or web remote offices. But here's the way I'm understanding it now:
1. The Remote Sales Client deployment (in App Architect) supports both LAN-based remote users and disconnected web users, as well as remote offices (both LAN and Web).
2. The SlxClient portals only applies to disconnected web users and web remote offices.
3. The SlxIntellisync portals (within the Remote Sales Client deployment) supports all remote users (LAN and Web) and all remote offices (both LAN and Web). That's because this application is web-based.
In other words, where the application is web-based (including Intellisync for LAN users), the Remote Sales Client deployment is required. Correct?
02-14-2012 11:00 AM
You wrote: " ...In other words, where the application is web-based (including Intellisync for LAN users), the Remote Sales Client deployment is required. Correct?"
Yes.. sort of.... but the term "LAN" is really the wrong term - the correct term is "Disconnected Users" - both web and Windows.
So in ALL those cases (Disconnected web, Windows, and Remote Office) - yes, you use the AA toolset to deploy the Intellisync "web service".
04-02-2012 01:02 PM
ok....If I read this correctly (documentation is just not there) for slx remote synching users we have to have the inttelisync web portal deployed at the sever inorder to setup "local" outlook to slx sync on each remote laptop?
04-02-2012 01:06 PM
04-02-2012 01:20 PM