Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Elite Contributor

System Error Message: The system cannot find the file specified

Hi All,

I recently upgraded a customer to v7.5.2 (LAN) and ever since that day the failed trans folder on the host database is full of the failed transactions from every attachment added by the remote users/remote office db.

Failed Tran Example:

儡坖㑑㥁〰䔰制彅䴠扯汩獩瑡潩景匠䅁⁍潴汯琠畍杮⹯獭൧唊慮汢⁥潴洠癯⽥敲慮敭愠瑴捡敨⁤楦敬尠乜獴癲㈰卜塌桓牡履潄畣敭瑮屳瑁慴档敔灭䙜䱉㥅䱆䅏〲〰䔴䰮佈⁉潴尠乜獴癲㈰卜塌桓牡履潄畣敭瑮屳儡坖㑑㥁〰䔰制彅䴠扯汩獩瑡潩景匠䅁⁍潴汯琠畍杮⹯獭⁧祓瑳浥䔠牲牯䴠獥慳敧›桔⁥祳瑳浥挠湡潮⁴楦摮琠敨映汩⁥灳捥晩敩
Unable to move/rename attached file

\\NTSRV04\SLXLogs\Documents\AttachTemp\FILE9FLOA20004E.LHOI to \\NTSRV04\SLXLogs\Documents\????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????›????????4???????????

System Error Message: The system cannot find the file specified.

If I attempt to open any attachment that has been added by a remote user/office since the upgrade I receive an error (Inside and outside of the SalesLogix client)

Below is an example from a pdf attachment:

Adobe Reader could not open '!Q6UJ9A00YDL6bform 2010.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged(for example, it was sent as an email attachment and was'nt correctly decoded)

As part of the upgrade we moved to a brand new server so Im wondering (praying) that the issue lies there and not SLX/Upgrade!

SalesLogix v7.5.2 (We have also applied HF7 since)

Windows Server 2008 Standard SP1

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited