11-28-2013 07:49 AM
The sync server is fully patched 126.96.36.19911
However I have just got to the bottom of the The handle is in the wrong state for the requested operation.
Thank heavens for Fiddler, this showed every time sync stopped with the error, there was a communications issue, the client is using a proxy and this was generating a 10060 error, which is a time out.
I disabled use proxy on the server and the whole of the outfiles transferred in one hit, so it would appear there is some timeout being hit using the proxy, (although when pinging the address prior to running fiddler there were no timeouts).
I will have the client look into there proxy or ideally not have this server using the proxy.
Sync is now all working back and forth again, however as mentioned due to corrupt wglogs and therefore missing data, I think the decision to re-cut will be made.
For anyone out there who runs into this error in sync, The handle is in the wrong state for the requested operation. check the connectivity.
Many thanks for all your input guys, much appreciated.
11-28-2013 07:59 AM
Yeah was scratching rather a lot wondering what could be causing it, so glad to have found the cause, a little peeved to an extent it was good old connectivity issues, they get you every time.
11-28-2013 08:28 AM
Well it looks like I spoke too soon, everything working fine when running sync manually, set it back to use sync service and am seeing the following logged, Failed to send file. The action must be retried unfortunately Fiddler is not picking anything up when running as a service.
Any thoughts guys?
11-28-2013 09:12 AM
If I remember correctly.. when you go to "service mode" it's using (some) data stored in the registry.. Fire up regmon (both when you run a manual and when you try "auto") to see if there's something creeping back in. ;-)
11-29-2013 03:49 AM
Just to give you an update. The secondary error when setting sync back to auto is due to an issue which was previously logged but Sage were never able to reproduce in house.
The issue is with the SSHTTP.DLL in v7.5.4 this (apparently) only in some environments caused the error below.
Failed to send file. (ZIP-127R-A100MV1.WZ34) The action must be retried
The resolution was to revert to the 7.5.3 version of the DLL, which in actual fact is the 7.5.0 version of the DLL.
This particular client suffered this issue on 7.5.4 and indeed reverting the DLL resolved the problem, they also suffered the same issue with the v8 version of the DLL when they were upgraded and we then reverted the DLL again (and reported to Sage\Swiftpage who reiterated they could not reproduce the issue) however whilst trying to troubleshoot the invalid handle issue I changed the DLL back to latest version to see if the DLL was causing that particular error and with everything else that was going on I forgot to change this back again.
I have now reverted the DLL back to the v7.5.0 version and all is now merrily syncing both manually and auto.
Thanks for all the input guys.