Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

SpeedSearch Issues

When I initially start my SLX server I have a few issues.  This is a fresh install with no errors during the actual install. When I go to the administrator->SpeedSearch Configuration  under the Schedules tab I have seen "IndexThread.Execute Error: dtSearch Server initialization failed. HomeDir: E:\Program Files\SalesLogix\SpeedSearch\Bin"  The thing is, there is no E drive even on this server so I don't know where it's pulling that infrom from? I have checked the INI file and it was fine, the SpeedSearch configuration program is fine as well.   The only thing I can think of is possibly the old server they were using had an E: drive.  Anyone know where I can find this setting? I figure it has to be in the database somewhere given that this is a fresh install.

The first of which is:

Log Name: Application
Source: SalesLogix SpeedSearch
Date: 4/23/2012 8:54:05 AM
Event ID: 4
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: 
Description:
LoadIndexes Error: Line 4 vIdx 4 Advanced License: False Field 'NoiseFile' not found
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="SalesLogix SpeedSearch" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">4</EventID>
 <Data>LoadIndexes Error: Line 4 vIdx 4 Advanced License: False Field 'NoiseFile' not found</Data>

Then I get a series of about 20 entries of this error:

Log Name: Application
Source: SalesLogix SpeedSearch
Date: 4/23/2012 8:54:08 AM
Event ID: 4
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
RunSchedules Error: Line:4 List index out of bounds (-1)
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="SalesLogix SpeedSearch" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">4</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-04-23T12:54:08.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>6855</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
 <Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>RunSchedules Error: Line:4 List index out of bounds (-1)</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Re: SpeedSearch Issues

[ Edited ]

The (SLX) DB does not store info on where Speedsearch is located.. but the registry does.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

I've searched the registry, couldn't find it anywhere. I was on the phone with SLX support and they had no idea either, he was going to take it up with developers. Was hoping someone would know where it's pulling that path from.
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

I found several keys like it in HKCR\CLSID........  and in HKCR\TypeLib....

HKCU\... as well... and HKLM...

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

I searched the registry for "SpeedSearch" "E:\" "HomeDir" none of them came back with anything that would suggest SpeedSearch is trying to build indexes based off the E:\ drive that doesn't exist
Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Try updating the SlxSearchService.ini path from C: to F: (save and close) Then, check the SpeedSearch Configuration to ensure it has updated ok? If so, switch back to C: and see if that has resolved the issue? Failing that, try a re-install - something is amiss especially as you cannot locate any entries for SpeedSearch within the registry

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

I'm thinking the whole E: drive thing was a message left from the old SLX server as I found the exact message in the database in one of the index tables so I don't think that is the issue here.

I think the real issue is surrounding the error that first appears whenever I startup the SpeedSearch service which is the following:
LoadIndexes Error: Line 4 vIdx 4 Advanced License: False Field 'NoiseFile' not found
Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

It looks like you are not the only one (unless there is a link) Have you seen this thread on here?

http://community.sagesaleslogix.com/t5/Administration/Speedsearch-Will-Not-Start-or-Create-Indexes/t...

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

I found the culprit was a botched 7.2 to 7.5 Administrative bundle, the field was never created, not sure why or what other fields weren't created. I re-applied the 7.2 to 7.5 and then just for safe measure the 7.5.4 bundles, everything appears to be working fine now.
Highlighted

I've got the same issue following an upgrade from 7.2 to 7.5 and then to 8.0. I don't suppose you remmeber which bundle was the culprit in this?