Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener

SpeedSearch Install issue

I'm having a bit of a problem trying to install SpeedSearch.  I run my Administrator and Tools and select modify (as I have all of the other components except Synchronization installed) and select for the SpeedSearch feature to be installed.  It lets me tell it which account to use for the service, it has me choose which SLX server to use and all but then bombs during the actual install.  It is looking for the files in the *.cab files the first of which is Interop.SLXSystem.dll.  All of these files are are in the cab files but it seems like the installer isn't unpacking them and finding them.

When I originally installed SalesLogix on this server I had installed SpeedSearch but when it came time to configure it something was wrong with the service so I uninstalled it and when I went to re-install it that's where I come to my issue now.  I've went through the SLX folders and the registry trying to remove every instance of SpeedSearch I could find but it didn't help at all.  Anyone know how I can unpackaged these *.cab files or at least trick it to thinking Speedsearch has never been installed so that it will unpackaged them correctly and install properly?  I'm attaching a screen shot of the error.

SLX Error

Tuned Listener

Re: SpeedSearch Install issue

it scaled that picture kinda funky. You can view the full size @ http://www.practicalsoftwaresolutions.com/images/temp/SLX%20error.jpg
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

If you had it installed, then all you needed to do was to run the SpeedSearch Configuration utility on the system to set it up.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Tuned Listener

It's no longer installed though, there is no configuration utility and I'm trying to get it re-installed now.

Does somebody have the answer to this?
Tuned Listener

I still haven't found one. Was going to call Sage Support when I get a few minutes sometime this week.