Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Sharing groups visible to user's team

I see that if ADMIN releases a group to user A and user B has rights to see user A's accounts/opps, then user B can also see the group.

Has saleslogix always worked this way.  We are on 8.1.  My users are telling me this is a recent change.  True?  Any way to prevent this?

Thanks.

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Sharing groups visible to user's team

Admin only releases the GroupName - it doesn't release the "data" as well. In other words, if Admin releases a group that contains Team A and Team B data and User A is in Team A and User B is in Team A & B then User A will see just Team A and User B will see both team. So, no - doesn't change ownership at all.

Please re-read my question.

I do understand that no data is shared.  I am specifically asking about have visibility to the group name.  Also, I said nothing about sharing to  teams.

What I'm experiencing is group 'ABC'  is shared  to user A, but user B can also see group 'ABC' (different dataset of course).  Is this because user B has privileges to see user A's data (Accounts and Opps)? 

Gold Super Contributor

If it is doing that.. something is broken or someone has no idea as to what they are doing and messed it up.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Bronze Super Contributor

Groups (and all plugins) are shared using the same SECCODEID/SECCODEJOIN as ownership so if A sees B records then A sees Bs groups too

Kris Halsrud - Customer FX Corporation / Systems Engineer

customerfx.com
| slxdeveloper.com | goodtraining.com

Thanks very much Kris.  Has this always been the case?

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Yes, this has always been.  Saleslogix did allow nesting teams within teams along the way which is where the SECCODEJOINS table came in but in general a group was released to a team/user, essentially the same as an account owner.

Kris Halsrud - Customer FX Corporation / Systems Engineer

customerfx.com
| slxdeveloper.com | goodtraining.com