Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Setup Test Environment for 8.1

Currently have SLX 7.5.4 running in production.  We use Network Client, Web Client. Remote Sync Clients and Mobile client. 

Would like to install 8.1 in a Test Environment.  I have the 8.1 network piece up and running.  I need to install the 8.1 Web Piece using the same IIS web server

My question is do I just create the 8.1 website with a different name.  I don't know if this is wise or possible. It seems they would share the same application pools if installing on the same machine.  How is it recommended or how do you install the web piece in a test environment? 

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks

Josh

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Setup Test Environment for 8.1

I don't see any reason why you cannot. You can just create a separate website and application pool. I would create a new folder under C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\slxtest - Ensure you update the location\app pool when deploying the test site within the Saleslogix Application Architect.
Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Highlighted

For the most part you are fine.  Note, that the Web Server for 8.1 will require .NET 4.5.1 to be installed alongside and you'll end up using the 8.1 Provider and GroupTranslator on the Web Box for your production server.

John Perona

Director, Infor CRM Development

Infor CRM

Infor CRM

Highlighted

Would installing .NET 4.5.1 and using the 8.1 Provider and GroupTranslator interfere with the 754 web install?

I can't risk having my 754 web client down.
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Yes...

Why don't you set up a test VM for all of this?

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted

I have the SLX server and administration tools installed on a VM and the database running on our production SQL server.

Since Microsoft did away with Technet it's become more difficult to setup a test environment.
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Install everything on the test server.. the web stuff.. the Saleslogix "server", etc.. and just "point" to the (test) SQL db on your sql server system.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted

I have my Windows server 2012 running IIS.  I'm setting this up as my test web server.  I installed the web host, App Architech and followed instruction on permissions like the implementation guide says.  When I go into Project Explorer in App Architech it's showing the project and setting for my production server even though I logged into my test database.  Not sure why it would be doing this.  I changed the normal table entries to seperate the production server from test (BranchOption, Syncservicefile, SyncTransfer and Slxwebserver).  Any ideas why it would be using Production setting?

thanks

Josh

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Are you sure the Saleslogix Connection Manager is pointing to your test server? Check the Systeminfo table PingServer

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited