Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor

Saleslogix and Windows RT

Is there a way of running Saleslogix 8.0 on Windows RT on a tablet.   Specifically the remote client and database.  A client of ours is wanting to migrate to tablets instead of laptops, but I'm not sure if the Mobile Client will be sufficient for them, as they want the advantage of having a local database, rather than what was cached by the browser.

Alternatively, I've heard there are iPad apps available for Saleslogix, which would be a decent version?  And what about supporting customizations?  The client in question has extensive customizations throughout the application.

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Saleslogix and Windows RT

[ Edited ]

No, 'fraid not - as it's not Wintel based and requires the app to be in the store (which it isn't).

You can, of course, run the Saleslogix Mobile through a browser. Again, it's not an app you download, but a link you go to via the browser. It's not off-line either.

I wouldn't bet my house on RT sticking around much longer - your client needs to check into that, much better to go with Surface Pro and Wintel version (and SLX does work, as I've tried that).

As you mention extensive customisation - then you'd be looking at either LAN client with local db and/or some form of RD perhaps? If they need fully off-line capability, and it's LAN/Windows Client, then Surface Pro, with local DB and local Client would work well (providing they can get used to the quirks of the keyboard, touch etc).

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor

Hi Mike, thanks for the answers.

They're currently using Remote Client with sync on laptops, but they're wanting to switch to tablets for ease of use/efficiency (laptops needing more power, booting up, bulky, etc).

We're looking at the Mobile Client currently, but we're not sure if the cached data option is sufficient, compared to the advantages of having your complete database/application available at all times. The web client is also an option we were looking into, but South Africa has many internet connectivity issues, high costs for wireless, etc, that any option requiring perpetual access is an issue. They'd prefer an option where they can sync when they're back at the office once a week.
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Agree w/Mike - RT is a dead end..

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html