Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Saleslogix SData Sync Service not starting

I have the SLX WEB version 8.1 installed and stable.  I am having an issue getting the "Saleslogix SData Sync Service" started.  Trying to test the new sync features in v8.1 between Saleslogix and Outlook.  I have the service using the WEBDLL domain account.

I have it installed and trying to run on the same server the SLX server is installed on.  When I try to run I get the following error...

Windows could not start the Saleslogix SData Synchronization Server service on the Local Computer.

Error 1053:  The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Any ideas on why this service won't start or has anyone experienced this?

Employee

Re: Saleslogix SData Sync Service not starting

Hi Josh

Not sure if this is still outstanding for you - I had this same problem and tried all sorts of variations on the settings in the config file.

The event viewer told us that the service didn't like the database connectionstring  - but the data source and catalog were definitely correct.

In the end, we checked in the Saleslogix Administrator and Windows Authentication was not enabled for my Admin user - ie: it was not mapped to my webdll user.

We corrected this and the service starts fine now.

Hope this helps

Michael