Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor

Saleslogix Reporting Assistant error for SLX 8.1.0 SNC 03

I have installed the recent Saleslogix SNC 03 and Core 03 on a vanilla Windows 2012 SQL 2012 virtual image.

When I attempt to run the Saleslogix Reporting Assistant I get an error 'System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object'  (see full error below).  The program then opens but the form is blank.

Any thoughts?

---------------------------
Saleslogix Reporting Assistant
An unhandled thread exception occurred. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Saleslogix.Reporting.Assistant.Classes.DisplayHelper.ClearAllDetails(FormMain formMain)

at Saleslogix.Reporting.Assistant.Forms.FormMain.HandleTreeViewSelection(TreeNode treeNode)

at Saleslogix.Reporting.Assistant.Forms.FormMain.ApplyActiveFilter()

at Saleslogix.Reporting.Assistant.Forms.FormMain.cmdRefreshDetail_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Teri Unger
Certified Infor CRM Consultant
Simplesoft Solutions, Inc. www.Simplesoft.net
Employee

Re: Saleslogix Reporting Assistant error for SLX 8.1.0 SNC 03

Hi Teri,

I haven't seen that before. Can you please extract SLXReportingAssistant.PDB from the \Patches\PDBs.zip archive and place it in the same location as SLXReportingAssistant.exe...and then run the .EXE again? It should show you line numbers as well now, which will help diagnose the issue.

Thanks

Mike

Gold Super Contributor

Is the Saleslogix Reporting Assistant available?

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Employee

I believe it is installed by both SCN 03 and Core 03. SNC 03 is required for Architect.exe integration and Core 03 is required to take advantage of dynamic parameters on the Web.

Thanks

Mike

Silver Super Contributor

Um, my first question is What is the Reporting Assistant ?! I'll have missed this on a webcast but if someone could explain that'd be great! Thx.
Silver Super Contributor

OK, thanks !!
Copper Contributor

Mike,   I did as you asked and added the PDBs piece.  The error now is as follows:

Saleslogix Reporting Assistant
An unhandled thread exception occurred. System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Sage.SalesLogix.DelphiBridge, Version=8.1.0.1224, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'Sage.SalesLogix.DelphiBridge, Version=8.1.0.1224, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

at Saleslogix.Reporting.Assistant.Classes.ReportPlugins.Load()

at Saleslogix.Reporting.Assistant.Forms.FormMain.LoadPlugins(Boolean detailMode) in d:\BuildRoot\Gobi\SLX8.1HotFix-03\Sources\Saleslogix\Reporting\Assistant\Forms\FormMain.cs:line 380

at Saleslogix.Reporting.Assistant.Forms.FormMain.FormMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\BuildRoot\Gobi\SLX8.1HotFix-03\Sources\Saleslogix\Reporting\Assistant\Forms\FormMain.cs:line 252

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Teri Unger
Silver Super Contributor

I've noticed this as well. In 1 case it worked. In 3 others - the file is missing (you just copy it from another install and everything works).
Employee

[ Edited ]

Thank you Teri. As Mike Spragg has stated, you are missing the Sage.SalesLogix.DelphiBridge.dll after the upgrade. As a workaround you can copy it from one of the other installs or from the SlxClient portal (i.e. SlxClient\bin\Sage.SalesLogix.DelphiBridge.dll). Which version did you upgrade from and what order did you install Core 03 and SNC 03?

Thanks

Mike

Copper Contributor

Mike,

It is not an upgrade, it is a fresh vanilla install.  I installed the SNC 03 update prior to the Core 03.  I also restarted the server after the SNC 03 install.

As Mr. Spragg suggested, I copied the .dll over to the directory and the assistant opened and populated with no problem.

Thank you very much.

Any thoughts as to why this may be missing the .dll?

Teri Unger