Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Saleslogix 8.1.0 upgrade documentation vs. bundle names

I recently upgraded from 7.2.2 to 8.1.0 and in reviewing the documentation, I noticed that it stated the bundles are named Saleslogix v7.5.4 to v8.1 Upgrade.sxb or Saleslogix v8.0.x to v8.1.sxb and in the media it is SalesLogix v7.5x to v8.0 Upgrade.sxb and Saleslogix v8.0.x to v8.1.sxb.

I made an assumption that the bundles were named incorrectly so I used the 7.5.x to 8.0 but after install, I reviewed the properties and it was ACTUALLY the 8.0 upgrade files and not a bundle containing the 8.1 files. Has anyone else ran across this or am I just missing something?  I did apply the 8.1 files bundle and successfully ran the software but whoa...

The documentation actually states that both bundles should contain the 8.1 files.

Another documentation issue:

Formatting in the documentation is wrong as the Prerequisites section is a section header rather than a sub-heading.

Teri Unger
Certified Infor CRM Consultant
Simplesoft Solutions, Inc. www.Simplesoft.net
Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Saleslogix 8.1.0 upgrade documentation vs. bundle names

It's a two step process (so, documentation is wrong, not the bundles). v7.5x to v8.00 (the last time the build was made for v8.0) and then v8.0 to v8.1. Step 35 is, indeed wrong, should be v7.54 to v8.0 then v8.0 to v8.1.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Saleslogix 8.1.0 upgrade documentation vs. bundle names

Then there is more wrong with the documentation than the bundles being applied in a two-step operation.  The documentation states that you can ONLY upgrade version 7.5.4 or higher to 8.1 which in this case isn't accurate.   With this retro bundle you should be able to upgrade from 7.5.0 to 8.1 in the two bundles.   This does impact upgrading customers, as taking a lower version up to 8.1 will have less mid-steps that the documentation infers. 

Teri Unger
Certified Infor CRM Consultant
Simplesoft Solutions, Inc. www.Simplesoft.net