Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Contributor

Saleslogix 7.5.3 Sync Server error

I’m running Saleslogix 7.5 Service Pack 3 on a Windows Server 2008 64-bit server.  The Database is on a 2003 server for the time being on SQL 2000.  When I run the Sync Server I get the following error:

A trapped exception occurred: Out of memory.

Any ideas?  There's 4gb of RAM and 70gb of HDD space.

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Saleslogix 7.5.3 Sync Server error

I believe it is your log file that is out of memory.  I forget where it is located on the server (as I usually get my IT guys to play in there) but our BP tells us to rename the log file to ".OLD" and create a new log file (usually a .TXT file) and that should take care of it.

I know someone on here should have the filepath name for you.

Bronze Contributor

This is on a brand new server with a fresh installed, upgraded from 6.2.  The database is still on the server it used to be, but that Saleslogix Server has been moved to the Win 2008 64 bit server.   We're still testing the upgrade and once we're happy, the db will be moved over to their new SQL server.

Bronze Contributor

I haven't been able to resolve this yet.  I recently set up a second sync server for the client as well (they want to run three simultaenously) and both sync servers on different servers give the same error.  Out of memory.

i check the Sync Logs file in each of the shared sync logs folder, and both logs report the exact same errors trying to move attachment files from the AttachTemp folder to the Documents folder.  But the files do not exist.  The list of files are identical on both servers after each synchronisation run.

One of the lines is as follows:

[2011/01/31 01:08:56 PM] System Error Message: The operation completed successfully
[2011/01/31 01:08:56 PM] Unable to move/rename attached file \\Bwezaisas0200\Sync Logs 75\Documents\AttachTemp\FILE3EN4A30007A.20SG to \\Bwezaisas0200\Sync Logs 75\Documents\????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????›????????4???????????

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks

Bronze Elite Contributor

When you say the file does not exist is that within the AttachTemp folder and the Documents folder?

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor

The FILE3EN4A30007A.20SG file doesn't exist in the AttachTemp folder.  And I believe this file usually gets extracted by the sync server when it is moved to the documents folder, and I do not know what the extracted file is, so I don't know if it exists in the documents folder.

Thanks

Bronze Elite Contributor

Search the SyncErrors.txt for FILE3EN4A30007A.20SG you should be able to locate the name of the file there..?

Example:

[02/11/2010 09:30:22] Unable to move/rename attached file empathe\live\Documents\AttachTemp\FILEYPHMA1000NS.7UQP to empath-e\live\Documents\Mail Merge\U6UJ9A00000J (01-11-2010 04.13.43 PM)empath-e Renewal Letter (Adam Travers) 01-11-2010 04.15.19 PM.doc
[02/11/2010 09:30:24] System Error Message: The operation completed successfully

Regards, Adam Travers
Bronze Contributor

Please see my earlier post - the error doesn't display the new file name, only ?????????

I've pasted it again below, it does the same for all the files.

[2011/01/31 01:08:56 PM] System Error Message: The operation completed successfully
[2011/01/31 01:08:56 PM] Unable to move/rename attached file \\Bwezaisas0200\Sync Logs 75\Documents\AttachTemp\FILE3EN4A30007A.20SG to \\Bwezaisas0200\Sync Logs 75\Documents\????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????›????????4???????????

Bronze Elite Contributor

Try a simple test. Add an attached that you know the name of and see if it is added to the documents folder?

Here are three possible causes from the SLX KB. I have had this in the past several times and the issue has been down to AV!

Possible Resolution 1:
Ensure the root of the logging path is not set to read-only.

Possible Resolution 2:
The contents of the current AttachTemp folder contain Attachments that no longer exist in the Attachment path.  Rename and recreate the AttachTemp folder.

Possible Resolution 3:
If Antivirus software is running on the Sync Server, modify the Antivirus software exclusion list to exclude the SalesLogix Sync Server logging path. Antivirus software can see file activity in the logging path as a threat and interfere with the sync process.

Regards, Adam Travers
Gold Super Contributor

Just to add one more thing to the mix as to why attachments fail to sync:

There is a 255 character limit in MS Windows for a filename (including the path).

An attachment being transferred to a remote can ONLY be 169 characters long (including the DOT plus extension). SLX adds a 13 character prefix (!attachmentID). On the remote the "fixed" path is 73 characters long. This makes up the 255 limit.

The same applies to teh main db as well as RO.. BUT in these cases you specify the attachment location and can be either under the 73 or over. If over then your filename must be shorter than 169 by the appropriate amount.

Here's the "gotcha": There's nothing in SalesLogix that tests for or warns that attachment name (plus extension) is over the limit. In WIndows/LAN, AFAIK (we have tried) you can't custom code to get all the ways attachments are added. 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html