Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Accepted Solution

Saleslogix 7.0.2 upgrade to 8.1

Hi All,

I need to upgarde as 7.0.2 is not compatible with Windows 7 or Office 2013. Can any advise me that has done such a upgrade from so far behind in versions ? Should I go all the way to 8.1 or will a lower version be enough. How many steps will need to be taken to get to 8.1 ? 

Please help I have searched and can not find any info on this upgrade.

Look forward to any information.

Steve

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Saleslogix 7.0.2 upgrade to 8.1

Yep, did one from 6.2.6 so no problem with that version. You need to go v7.0.1 to v7.5.4 then v8.1. Just read the documentation (the upgrade guides detail the steps very well). Then plan it out. Best way is to get a copy of the database onto a virtual platform - you can then upgrade (as if for real) and then detail the steps in a mini-plan. I always do this and, also, you can then build a bundle that you can install post-upgrade (with your customisations). So: 1) Install live DB in test env 2) Use Architect to delete ALL non-released plugins (as they're not used, but will confuse) 3) Apply the upgrade fully 4) Use Architect to delete all non-released Saleslogix plugins (but not yours) 5) The balance will then be: i) Saleslogix plugins replacing your live plugins ii) Your plugins, but de-released 6) You then go through another pass - take each of the current slx plugins that is a duplicate of yours - then modify that to include your customisations (you can use BeyondCompare for this) 7) Save the plugin into a new project/bundle - this is your overlay for later 8) Perform the upgrade live (preferably after testing to death at (7) 9) Apply the bundles as per the upgrade guides and when directed 10) Install your overlay project bundle from (7). Job done !

Thanks very much this information will be useful.
Copper Contributor

Mike, how do you go about deleting all non-released plugins? I often find that the majority of plugins cannot be deleted (with the option to do so greyed out).

Silver Super Contributor

Simple. UPDATE PLUGIN SET READONLY='F' However, there are 3 or 4 internal ones (like the QBE screens that you cannot delete, just avoid those).
Copper Contributor

That seems to do the trick. Thanks!