Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor

Re: SalesLogix Web and Load Balancing

Charles,

I would love to know how you made out on this configuration. I am getting ready to do the same.

Thanks,

Paul Hansford

Paul D. Hansford
Astute Commentator

Paul,

We manage more than 500 simultaneous users so we need to balance users through different web servers to increase performance.

We use some component of Microsoft IIS on W2008 for load balancing: Application Request Routing in IIS. (see Microsoft IIS ARR & NLB configuration). It works perfectly.

Our production configuration is :

-2 servers with ARR and NLB (1DNS entry to NLB cluster) 

1 URL for enduser : http://crmprod/slxclient

SERVERARR1 with a farm with (webserver1:3333,webserver2:3333,webserver3:3333)

SERVERARR2 with a farm with  (webserver1:3332,webserver2:3332,webserver3:3332)

-3 IIS web servers 2008 32bits for SLX website with 2 website and application pool for SLXClient (3333 and 3332)

-1 SLX server

-1 DB server (Oracle)

Remarks:

You have to set cookies affinity enabled in ARR and set affinity enabled in NLB configuration to avoid switching session.

Each user is balanced to a different webserver when he start a new IE session.

Sincerely,

Charles

Copper Contributor

Charles,

This is nearly identical to what I am getting ready to deploy, with the exceptions of W2008 R2 64 bit,  two web servers today, and using MS SQL 2008 R2 instead of Oracle and will have a web reporting server in the mix running Windows 2003.

I have a couple of questions for you.

1.) For that implementation,  is this deployed through a firewall or just internal access?

2.) Does this implementation have customizations?  Assuming yes, how you are deploying to each server portal?

3.) Are there any limitations to the SLX software installed in the IIS cluster i.e.. SpeedSearch, SLX Service, Intellisync portal come to mind etc. (or should these items be on the SLX Server instead, assuming so.)

4.) What if any SalesLogix software is installed on each IIS server in the cluster?

I would love to get in contact with you and ask questions.

Thanks,

Paul Hansford

Paul D. Hansford