Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor

SalesLogix Mobile Realtime connector maxing out CPU

Hi,

We keep getting constant problems where the realtime connector maxes out the CPU on our SalesLogix system, greatly effecting the performance of our system in the office.  We're using SLX 7.5.2, and SLX Mobile 5.6.

It always seem to run queries, that takes an average a minute to run each time, and I've pasted examples below.  Has anyone experienced this before, and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks

select slxid as 'ticketid' from  (SELECT SLXID From CMP_g168512_SynMob WHERE MobileId='pmh' and tablename = 'ticketproblem' and parenttable = 'ticket' AND (ParentKey NOT IN (SELECT slxid FROM CMP_g168512_SynMob WHERE MobileID='pmh' and tablename='ticket') OR ParentKey in (Select slxid from CMP_g168512_SynMob_Staging where MobileID='pmh' and tableName='ticket' and actionType='Delete'))) GeDeDp  Union  SELECT SLXID FROM  (select slxid from (select slxid from CMP_g168512_SynMob where  mobileid='pmh' and tablename='ticketproblem' and parenttable='ticket' union all select slxid from CMP_g168512_SynMob_Staging where  mobileid='pmh' and tablename='ticketproblem' and parenttable='ticket' and ActionType='Delete') syn_all)  GeSyPa WHERE   SLXID NOT IN (SELECT ticketid FROM sysdba.ticketproblem  INNER JOIN CMP_g168512_SynMob ON ticketid = CMP_g168512_SynMob.SLXID AND sysdba.ticketproblem.ticketid = CMP_g168512_SynMob.ParentKey )

select slxid as 'addressid' from  (SELECT SLXID From CMP_g168512_SynMob WHERE MobileId='pmh' and tablename = 'address' and parenttable = 'contact' AND (ParentKey NOT IN (SELECT slxid FROM CMP_g168512_SynMob WHERE MobileID='pmh' and tablename='contact') OR ParentKey in (Select slxid from CMP_g168512_SynMob_Staging where MobileID='pmh' and tableName='contact' and actionType='Delete'))) GeDeDp  Union  SELECT SLXID FROM  (select slxid from (select slxid from CMP_g168512_SynMob where  mobileid='pmh' and tablename='address' and parenttable='contact' union all select slxid from CMP_g168512_SynMob_Staging where  mobileid='pmh' and tablename='address' and parenttable='contact' and ActionType='Delete') syn_all)  GeSyPa WHERE   SLXID NOT IN (SELECT addressid FROM sysdba.address  INNER JOIN CMP_g168512_SynMob ON addressid = CMP_g168512_SynMob.SLXID AND sysdba.address.entityid = CMP_g168512_SynMob.ParentKey )

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: SalesLogix Mobile Realtime connector maxing out CPU

Indeed, we've encountered this performance issue and have implemented a number of improvements for the next release. If this is causing real problems with the customer, please contact technical support and mention that the mobile synchronization is pegging the DB CPU. We might be able to provide a fix prior to the next release, but it would require resetting the mobile user.

Thanks,

Jeff

Copper Contributor

Any idea when the next release is due? Will it be alongside the 7.5.3 service pack?

Thanks

Andrew

Copper Contributor

I just noticed this issue on system as well.  But it is not just realtime sync, when I manually sync the CPU on my DB server spikes as well.

I was thinking about increasing the frequency of autosync and reducing the number of concurrent users...

Any thoughts?

I'm on 7.2.2 with Mobile 5.6.

Would not have notice if we had not moved our DB server onto VMWare a week ago.  The CPU spikes are causing alarms.  Might try to convince our ops mgr to add more cpu to it.  Maybe run autosync every 5 minutes until she does...

Thanks,

TjD

Copper Contributor

I did some optimization on the subscription queries and limited the number of concurrent synchronization and it helped.  Now when I chart CPU utilization during realtime sync it looks like gagged peaks rather than a plateau at 100%.

I've found that I don't want to use "My Accounts" for the subscription, but we have customized the query for the default "My Accounts" group to meet our specific needs so its a much more complicated query.

3 concurrent synchronizations seems to work OK, five is too many, I'm testing 4.

Of course, when you change settings you need to cycle the connection service for the change to go into effect.

Thanks,

TjD

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

is there any update on this issue, as to when a hotfix or new version will be issued?

Also is there any update on when Blackberry OS 6 will be supported?