Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

SalesLogix LAN - Outlook 2010 32-bit will not open after InstallOutlookIntegrations.bat (SLXAB32.dll)

Does anyone know a resolution to conflicts between Outlook 2010 32-bit and SLXAB32.DLL?

I've just completed an upgrade of a client from 7.5.3 to 8.0.0 + all updates. 

On some of the workstations, Outlook would not open after InstallOutlookIntegrations.bat was run.  It would hang on "Loading Profiles" for about a minute, then crash. 

The suggestion from Support was to uninstall and reinstall Outlook.  This resolved the issue, but the client is concerned that the SalesLogix Upgrade "corrupted" Outlook, and that future upgrades will require an uninstall and reinstall of Outlook.

The conflict in Outlook is specifically SLXAB32.DLL.  If I unregister this DLL, outlook runs fine.  It has no problems with SLMN.DLL.

Before originally installing SLX, the client previously had Outlook 2010 64 bit installed.  This was uninstalled and Outlook 2010 32 bit was installed.  There is some thought that there may be some 64 bit remnants that are resolved by a repeat uninstall/reinstall.

Here are the things I've tried so far:

-          Deactivated all COM Add-Ins, activating only the SalesLogix Add-Ins (still hangs); reversed

-          Windows Repair option on Programs and Features / Microsoft Office

-          Attempted to launch Outlook in safe mode (outlook.exe /safe) while SLX add-ins are loaded (still hangs)

-          Attempted to reset the Nav Pane (outlook.exe /resetnavpane)

Thanks in advance -

Dale

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Re: SalesLogix LAN - Outlook 2010 32-bit will not open after InstallOutlookIntegrations.bat (SLXAB32.dll)

Do you need slxabd32.dll ? This component deals with adding SLX as an address book to Outlook. If you look in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SalesLogix\Outlook\AddressBook - do you see a PromptLogin = 1 as it's my guess that this is trying to load SLX (you'll see the prompt as Outlook invokes) and failing there. If you only want to record to history (from within slx and outlook) then you only need slmn.dll anyway.
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Re: SalesLogix LAN - Outlook 2010 32-bit will not open after InstallOutlookIntegrations.bat (SLXAB32.dll)

Mike - thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, they want the address book.

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Why wouldn't they want the address book? I've used email gateway logging to saleslogix history for the last decade. The only thing my users are looking for is the address book integration. I personally use this all the time and my most vocal users will not stand for this. 

Ran into this problem doing a trial upgrade from 7.5.2 to 8.0. This really needs to be fixed in imho.