Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

SalesLogix LAN 7.5.2 to 7.5.4 upgrade procedure?

Hi,

I'm currently preparing an upgrade plan to upgrade a customer that uses the LAN client from 7.5.2 to 7.5.4. I have way more experience working in the web environment than in the LAN environment. Based on the Applying Service Pack 4 pdf document, to upgrade the lan client you should basically:

1. Save your existing customizations.
  2. Upgrade all Sage SalesLogix components.
  3. Reapply customizations to your upgraded installation.
  4. Send changes to all users by releasing plugins, synchronizing changes, and/or deploying portals.
  5. Integrate any new features into your environment.

Questions:

• Regarding item 1: is there an automated way to determine all the existing customizations and bundle that? Or do we have to "manually" determine each and every plugin that has been customized? Do we have to bundle all plugins, or just plugins that conflict with the ones modified by the SP4?
  • Regarding item 4: do we have to manually re-release every plugin? I'm not sure to understand what is involved in that step.
  • Are there any best practices or tools that would help simplify this process? I get the feeling that the documentation is pretty "light" on specific information, and since i've never done this process myself, i'd like to get more info regarding how to do this the right way.

Any help/tips will be appreciated.

Gold Super Contributor

Re: SalesLogix LAN 7.5.2 to 7.5.4 upgrade procedure?

[ Edited ]

No.. it is not as simple as described in the Saleslogix upgrade documentation....

Yes, you have to (manually) "discover" all the existing customization (forms, vbscripts, global scripts, menues, toolbars, etc...) that are customized and what may be in conflict with them in the upgrade.

There are shortcuts, methods, and procedures many of os have developed over the years on how to do this properly, quickly, and with 100% accuracy... and for a fixed price ;-) 

If you want to sub-contract the work.. I'd be glad to take a look.

I have my own set of tools/techniques..

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html