Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

SalesLogix 7.5.4.7048 not fully synchronizing with all remote users

My remote users have been complaining that they are not getting all of the notes/attachments. After looking at the server I can see they are correct. The user is looking at this account and the last recorded note was 1/6/2012. There has been about 30 entries made to that account after that date by 2 different users.

Looking prior to the 1/6/2012 date, I see that the user that is missing that is stated above, is also missing from some of the older notes. I checked another remote user and they too are not seeing the history. I checked to make sure that the user is set to "Sync ALL Acounts that User can access" and file attachments are checked. There are no outfiles stuck for the 2 users that I looked at and the user has access to every account in the database.

I tried to cut him a new remote database a few months ago and he got all of the data. Sure enough now, he is starting to notice he is not getting all of the history. So it would appear that some of my network users are not getting their data sent to the remote users. 

Any idea what I may do to correct this? 

Thank you for your help!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: SalesLogix 7.5.4.7048 not fully synchronizing with all remote users

I love a community that comes together! 

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

What are the history filters and Attachment filters set to?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Nothing is really set. Here is what they look like.

Highlighted
Employee

Is there a pattern to the users creating the attachments/history records which are not syncing to remotes?

The short answer is that to recieve all the missing data, you're going to need to recut the databases.  But first you need to address why the data is going missing.

For example you should have an issue on a couple of network work stations which aren't generating sync files correctly.  This might be due to patch differences or anything here.

First try to find the pattern in the missing data.  Is it user or date related?  Create some test inserts and ensure you can follow the TEF's through the sync process.

Highlighted

Hello, it's been a while since I had any involvement with SLX, but I'd have said (back in the day) to
seriously look at Regional Setting for the System account on the clients.. Different date formats used to
play havock with the creation / application of TEFs.
As did incorrect collation orders on the database - SLX db & Model db having different collations on the host server.

Hope that helps. If not, I apologise for interrupting.

Regards

Derrick

Derrick Jones

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Just a follow up on this issue. It has been resolved as it was found out that running Combofix changes a setting that will prevent a LAN client from processing qts files properly. Solution found here at post 23

http://community.sagesaleslogix.com/t5/Administration/One-SLX-client-installation-not-sending-change...