Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

SQLServer 2005 migration path and instructions required to migrate to SQL2005

Hi,

Currently we run SalesLogix 7.2.2 with SQL server 2000. We are planning to upgrade to SQLServer 2005. Could you please provide the SQLServer 2005 migration path and instructions required to migrate to SQL2005.

Thanks,

Vamsee.

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: SQLServer 2005 migration path and instructions required to migrate to SQL2005

Hi,

Are you asking for the intructuions to upgrade SQL Server itself, or just the SalesLogix side of the upgrade?

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Highlighted

Re: SQLServer 2005 migration path and instructions required to migrate to SQL2005

Thank you for your response.

I am looking for the instructions to upgrade the SQL server 2000 to SQL server 2005 along with SaleLogix.

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

If you just have a SalesLogix database attached to your existing SQL Server installation I would do the following:

• Backup or detach the SalesLogix Database.
  • Uninstall SQL Server 2000 and install SQL Server 2005 SP4
  • Restore or Attach the SalesLogix Database in to your SQL 2005 environment
  • Set the Database Compatibility Level for the SalesLogix database to Server 2005 (90) within Properties | Options
  • Recreate your SalesLogix Connection within the connection manager using the SQL Native Client.
  • Install the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Native Client on all workstations using SalesLogix

As far as I’m aware that should be it...

Regards, Adam Travers
Highlighted

Thanks a Lot Adam for your inputs.

Could you please elaborate on the below

• Recreate your SalesLogix Connection within the connection manager using the SQL Native Client.

And also could you please clarify the below,

• Install of the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Native Client on all workstations using SalesLogix

I suppose the client workstations already have SQL server Native client. Do we need to even upgrade this to 2005 ?

and if so, does Sage provide us with this software as we have got the earlier Native client along with SalesLogix software from Sage.

Thanks again,

Vamsee.

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Delete the existing connection and use the SQL Native Client Provider which is installed with SQL Server 2005

As you will be running SQL Server 2005 you will need to ensure the workstations are running SQL 2005 Native Client which might be within you SalesLogix install: Redist\SQL 2005 Native Client or you can download it from Microsoft:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=df0ba5aa-b4bd-4705-aa0a-b477ba72a9cb&dis...

Also, do you have SalesLogix remote users?

Regards, Adam Travers
Highlighted

Yes Adam. We do have SalesLogix remote users.