Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

SQL native client 11 and SLX server SQL Server 2008, connection to database fail

Hi,

In the network there is a SLX server with SQL Server 2008. All work fine, but we've just installed a new server with Windows Server 2012. The SQL native client 10.0 is not supported for Windows Server 2012 so I have installed SQL Native client 11.0.

The application don't connect with database server. The error is when the log on process. The client can view the database but don't connect. The test connection don't work too.

The error is "Failed to connect to database: Unknown error"

¿Someone know and Can help me?.

Thank in advanced.

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Re: SQL native client 11 and SLX server SQL Server 2008, connection to database fail

You need to read the guide in how to setup a connection. There is a two step process whereby you reset. Integrated security and set persist security to true. It's in the install guide.

Also, before doing this - login to studio as sysdba and go to your db. Make sure SELECT * FROM USERINFO works. Note there is no sysdba qualifier in this command. If you get rows, good. If not, the db is not restored correctly.
Highlighted

Re: SQL native client 11 and SLX server SQL Server 2008, connection to database fail

Thank you,

But I was not clear enough. There is a SLX server work fine. There is a Citrix XenApp server with the saleslogix client installed. This days We installed a new Citrix Server in Windows Server 2012. In this new server we've installed Saleslogix client and SQL native client 11.0 because.

The error of connection is only in new server when log on.

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Whilst not supported - can you install native client that matches on both (11 on both or 10 on Xen) The client will expect the native client to match and, right now, they do not.