Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Loyal Listener

Re: SQL Views as entities in 7.5p2

Paul can you give an update on this issue?  The HF status reports on the FTP site has not been updated since 2/15 and this issue along with the inability to insert .Net controls in 7.5.1 when running a SQL 2008 Database Server (1-72500 Slated for fix in HF48) are significantly impacting our ability to support our clients.

Ray Walther

Ray A. Walther
TimeLinx Software, LLC

281-257-0950 (Direct)
Ray.Walther (Skype)
Employee

We are shooting for middle of next week to start customer validation.

Paul Zeimet
Development Manager
Infor CRM
Loyal Listener

Can we participate in the validation.

Ray

Ray A. Walther
TimeLinx Software, LLC

281-257-0950 (Direct)
Ray.Walther (Skype)
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Thanks for the suggestion, I ended up enabling the view by connecting to the 7.5.2 database with a 7.5.1 Administrator.  We'll see if it blows up, but it seems to be working fine.

I have followed the steps above, but I still cannot see my view in when I try to do a join to it in a datagrid.  Can anyone tell me what I might be missing?

Thanks,

Renee

Bronze Super Contributor

FYI, the issue described in this thread is corrected by SLX 7.5.2 HotFix 8.

Although not stated in the HF PDF, once you replace Admin.exe with the version in the HF and enable a SQL View, a dialog appears prompting the user to select a column to be used as the primary key.  Select it, and the view is enabled.

If your view has a unique ID, then the workarounds described earlier in this thread are no longer needed.  I'm not sure about situations where the view doesn't have column with unique values.  Maybe someone else will try that.

Loyal Listener

Download HF 8 from the website.  It fixes all the issues without having to modify the SQL views.

Ray

Ray A. Walther
TimeLinx Software, LLC

281-257-0950 (Direct)
Ray.Walther (Skype)
Employee

If a view does not have a column that represents the primary key, then select the blank line at the top of the combobox. 

This will allow the view to be enabled in SalesLogix but it can not have an Entity created from it.

Paul Zeimet
Development Manager
Infor CRM