Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

SLXSystem Service Keeps Stopping

Hi,

We use the SalesLogix client on our terminal server, which is what most people use to access our SLX application.  I am in the process of creating a new TS environment because the old terminal server is aging.  I have installed the SalesLogix client on the new terminal servers and it works pretty well except for one problem.  The SLXSystem service keeps stopping and won't start unless I manually start it.  If it's not running, then the client application hangs when people try to use it.  If it is running and people are using the client, it will remain started.  However, if there are no users using the client, it will stop after a minute or two and won't start back up unless I start it.  This is very odd behavior and I don't understand what's going on.  Has anyone seen this and know how to fix it?  The platform is Windows 2003 Enterprise R2.  The client version is 6.2.6.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

John

Highlighted
Employee

Re: SLXSystem Service Keeps Stopping

Please check the following:

1. Verify the that SLXSystem is installed and is running as a Windows Service. It sounds like it is.

2. Verify that the 6.2.6 version of the SLXOLEDB is installed.

3. From the docs: "Add the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SalesLogix\ShutdownDelay(DWORD). The key accepts values 1 through 1440, where the value indicates the number of minutes the service will run before shutting down (after it detects no activity). Setting the value to 0 indicates the service never shuts down. By default, the SLXSystem.exe service is set to Automatic with a registry value of 0 so that it is always on." I believe the last sentence is valid beginning with 6.2.6.

Thanks

Mike

Highlighted

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.  Here's the answers.

1. Yes, SLXSYSTEM is installed and running as a Windows Service.

2.  SLXOLEDB appears to be installed.  Is that installed automatically as part of the client installed?

3.  The ShutdownDelay(DWORD) is not presence on any of my Saleslogix Clients (even the one that is working properly.)  However, I added this entry to the troublesome client and it hasn't stopped as of yet and it normally would have by now.  I guess that fixed it.

Thank you so much!

John

Highlighted
Employee

Glad it's working for you now!

Regarding SLXOLEDB, this is installed with the Sales Client.

The 6.2.6 version of the files installed by the Client OLE DB Provider are:

SLXDBEngine.dll                     6.2.6.1007
SLXEventMessage.dll                 6.2.0.1287
SLXLoggingObj2.dll                  6.2.6.1007
SLXOLEDB.dll                        6.2.6.1007
SLXProfiler.exe                     6.2.6.1007
SLXProfiling.dll                    6.2.6.1007
SLXRWEL.dll                         6.2.1.3040
SlxSL.dll                           6.2.6.1007
SLXSystem.dll                       6.2.6.1007
SLXSystem.exe                       6.2.6.1007
SLXTriggers.dll                     6.2.4.1024

As long as you have a version equal to or greater you should be ok. If you've installed a HF to 6.2.6 you may have a newer version.

Thanks

Mike