05-03-2011 09:35 AM
We use the SalesLogix client on our terminal server, which is what most people use to access our SLX application. I am in the process of creating a new TS environment because the old terminal server is aging. I have installed the SalesLogix client on the new terminal servers and it works pretty well except for one problem. The SLXSystem service keeps stopping and won't start unless I manually start it. If it's not running, then the client application hangs when people try to use it. If it is running and people are using the client, it will remain started. However, if there are no users using the client, it will stop after a minute or two and won't start back up unless I start it. This is very odd behavior and I don't understand what's going on. Has anyone seen this and know how to fix it? The platform is Windows 2003 Enterprise R2. The client version is 6.2.6. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
05-03-2011 11:49 AM
Please check the following:
1. Verify the that SLXSystem is installed and is running as a Windows Service. It sounds like it is.
2. Verify that the 6.2.6 version of the SLXOLEDB is installed.
3. From the docs: "Add the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SalesLogix\ShutdownDelay(DWORD). The key accepts values 1 through 1440, where the value indicates the number of minutes the service will run before shutting down (after it detects no activity). Setting the value to 0 indicates the service never shuts down. By default, the SLXSystem.exe service is set to Automatic with a registry value of 0 so that it is always on." I believe the last sentence is valid beginning with 6.2.6.
05-03-2011 12:33 PM
Thanks for the reply. Here's the answers.
1. Yes, SLXSYSTEM is installed and running as a Windows Service.
2. SLXOLEDB appears to be installed. Is that installed automatically as part of the client installed?
3. The ShutdownDelay(DWORD) is not presence on any of my Saleslogix Clients (even the one that is working properly.) However, I added this entry to the troublesome client and it hasn't stopped as of yet and it normally would have by now. I guess that fixed it.
Thank you so much!
05-03-2011 01:58 PM
Glad it's working for you now!
Regarding SLXOLEDB, this is installed with the Sales Client.
The 6.2.6 version of the files installed by the Client OLE DB Provider are:
SLXDBEngine.dll 18.104.22.1687 SLXEventMessage.dll 22.214.171.1247 SLXLoggingObj2.dll 126.96.36.1997 SLXOLEDB.dll 188.8.131.527 SLXProfiler.exe 184.108.40.2067 SLXProfiling.dll 220.127.116.117 SLXRWEL.dll 18.104.22.16840 SlxSL.dll 22.214.171.1247 SLXSystem.dll 126.96.36.1997 SLXSystem.exe 188.8.131.527 SLXTriggers.dll 184.108.40.2064
As long as you have a version equal to or greater you should be ok. If you've installed a HF to 6.2.6 you may have a newer version.