Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Astute Commentator
Accepted Solution

SLXProfiler not showing applications (8.0)

I've seen a couple threads on this going back some years, but it seems an issue with older versions of profiler that had since been fixed.  However, when I run profiler I get no available applications.  It doesn't show w3wp.exe, nor does it show any other SLX application when running.  Clicking "Profile all applications" doesn't help.

I'm running SLX Profiler on the webserver.  I verified that it was version 8.0 and was coming from the SLX Installation folder (to make sure it wasn't an old version left over after an upgrade).  I also tried running profiler as Administrator.

Has anyone else ran across this issue in current versions of SLXProfiler?

Jason Buss - Customer FX Corporation / Application Developer

customerfx.com
| slxdeveloper.com | goodtraining.com
Silver Super Contributor

Re: SLXProfiler not showing applications (8.0)

Jason, navigate down programdata until you find saleslogix/slxprofiler. You'll find a temp file - delete it (unfortunately, it'll be in use and you need to stop all SLX apps. Once deleted - retry profiler and you should be fine.
Astute Commentator

Thanks Mike, I'll give it a try.  I have to admit though, I don't know where programdata is.  Isn't that usually a hidden folder on your system drive?

Jason Buss - Customer FX Corporation / Application Developer

customerfx.com
| slxdeveloper.com | goodtraining.com
Silver Super Contributor

Yes, it's a folder off of the root - I'm not at a machine. It's also in c:\users\(username)\application data\saleslogix
Silver Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Full path is:

C:\ProgramData\SalesLogix\Profiler (you can just paste that into explorer)

This may/will have a file called SalesLogix.Profiler.SLXPROFILERINFO.tmp or similar - delete it

(if you can't - it's in use and you'll need to shutdown all SLX* apps until you can delete it)