Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Super Contributor

SLXMobile server error

We are new to Sales Logix and getting ready for a huge corporate rollout and training.  I have installed the SLXMobile on our web server Win 2008.  Our website is functioning well and opened to the internet on port 443 with a valid certificate.

When we try to login to the SLXMobile via firefox..we get the login page, we enter our username and pw, click log in we are getting a popup that says " A prolem occured on the server".

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Gold Super Contributor

Re: SLXMobile server error

[ Edited ]

"A server error occurred while requesting data" is a generic error message which is defined in the "guts" of the mobile web app. To find out what really happened you need to trace this out using Firebug in FireFox  (or chrome debugger) to see just what it's upset about.

I've seen it many times when doing custom mobile development.. and usually it's a problem in my "list code" or it's a data issue  like a field having a NULL the mobile did not expect. There's at least a half dozen places in the (source) code where it calls this error.

Which version Slx (7.5.4?)

Did you setup for all verbs in IIS for aspnet isapi?

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Copper Super Contributor

I had 2 adapter settings lines missing from the /sdata web.config file.  I did a beyond compare with the web.config from my test server with the one on the production server.  Once I added them back the mobile app finally worked.

Thank you for your reply. 

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Interesting...  Good to hear you have things up and running.

Do you remember which two lines were missing? It is a bit unusual for this kind of thing to happen.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html