Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Employee

SLX on the cloud

We are in the process of implementing SLX Web in our organisation and are planning to host the system in the cloud.

Our plan is to rent three servers (Database Server, Application Server and Web Host Server) from a cloud service provider and install SalesLogix.

In regard, are there any documentation/advice available with regard to the implementation, architecture or security in these circumstances?

I couldn’t find any reference on the SalesLogix website or the community.

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Re: SLX on the cloud

There's no difference to Cloud than there is on-premise. The only added issue is ensuring it's SSL secured and relevant port (443) is open on their side (plus the domain named registered and SSL assigned). Plus port 3389 to the servers you wish to manage (unless fully hands-off).
Highlighted
Employee

What I thought, thanks Mike!
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Are the 3 servers in a windows domain? Just regarding the WebDLL user. If not, make sure you don't get any windows permission problems between app and web host if using local WebDLL users. Just as input, can also be false alarm ;-)
---------------------------
Ambit AG, Switzerland