Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

SLX import wizard anomolies

I have tried several times to do the import different ways and no matter what when I have several contacts attached to the same company the first account is repeated for as many contacts as there are and none of the additional contacts get added. This is a single file import. All info is in a CSV file.

Example:

ABC co is being imported

ABC has three contacts

John Doe

Mary Buck

Joe Smith

It gets imported as

John Doe

John Doe

John Doe

All the supporting information on the John Doe records get populated as John Doe records also.

This is especially problematic when importing records from a show on a regular basis.

Has anyone else run into this?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: SLX import wizard anomolies

It looks like you are either mapping everything at Contact level or not uniquely identifying the Accounts.

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited

May I assume that the contact is subordinate to accounts? If you have one file you are importing from but distributing to mutiple tables the references are as follows?

Import file = file

file -> Accounts

file-file -> contacts

You are saying that it is a matter of being diliigent in keeping the mapping levels consistant regardless of the content being the same?

Bronze Elite Contributor

This should help you from a previous thread that I assisted with.

http://community.saleslogix.com/t5/Customer-Experience/SLX-list-Import/m-p/138279#M1673

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited